Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Scientist in the Nonclinical Safety (NCS) Pathology Department, located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The NCS Molecular Pathology group at Janssen La Jolla is seeking a PhD or MS level scientist with strong histopathology and molecular pathology expertise to enable Janssen to accomplish our shared goal of identifying safe, efficacious and transformational therapies for the patients. The candidate will be expected to generate, in a very fast paced environment, comprehensive value-added molecular pathology solutions, and to document and communicate results effectively to diversified audiences. She / He will be encouraged to independently design and develop novel tissue section-based assays and workflows, strengthening the team ability to advance the discovery and development of therapeutic modalities and programs.
- Accountability for the design, development, and implementation of molecular pathology assays. Demonstrate proficiency in designing and performing single/multiplex immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization for the evaluation of target(s) expression in nonclinical and clinical species.
- Generates molecular pathology data with the application of multiple pathology platforms (autostainers, spatial profiling, multispectral imaging).
- Perform or oversee the design and execution of orthogonal experiments complementary to molecular pathology workflow, including generation of control cell lines, flow cytometry, immunoblot, PCR.
- Maintain current and accurate electronic laboratory notebook entries for data integrity.
- Attends and presents at pertinent internal and external scientific meetings.
- Authors comprehensive and integrated validation, technical, and investigational molecular pathology reports. Generates written reports and delivers effective communications to internal team members and management.
- May assist, perform, or supervise routine histology workload (e.g., FFPE and OCT matrices), including but not limited to tissue trimming, processing, embedding, sectioning, and staining (H&E, special stains, and molecular pathology assays such as localization of target genes and proteins using immunohistochemical and in situ hybridization staining).
- May assist, perform, or coordinate tissue collection for molecular pathology process optimization.
- Works closely with Pathologists, Toxicologists, and other scientists within and outside of NCS’ functional groups.
- A Ph.D. degree or equivalent (area of focus in pathology, molecular pathology or related fields) with 1-3 years of relevant experience, or a M.S. degree in the same fields with at least 10 years of relevant experience is required.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience and technical skills in applied molecular pathology and tissue technology is required.
- Experience with diverse automated histology and molecular pathology platforms is required.
- Histotechnology expertise is required.
- Broad scientific knowledge and hands-on experience with background literature and database research is required.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and experience in working with diverse teams globally is required.
- HT/HTL certification is an asset.
- A strong publication record in relevant scientific fields is a plus.
- This position is located in La Jolla, CA and may require up to 5% of domestic and international travel.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $102,000 to $163,300.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .