Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Neuropharmacology in the Lead Evaluation and Cellular Pharmacology team located in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist with experience in ion channel pharmacology to join our Lead Evaluation and Cellular Pharmacology (LECP) team in La Jolla. LECP plays a critical role within the larger Therapeutics Discovery organization, striving to deliver high-quality chemical leads and clinical compounds for all five Therapeutic Areas of Janssen R&D. In this position, the Senior Associate is expected to spend the bulk of their time in the lab, setting up and running assays, in addition to analyzing and accurately reporting data. Qualified candidates should be motivated to generate and share results, enjoy working closely with other co-workers, both inside and outside LECP, and willing to balance their efforts between unique projects. Beyond general scientific ability, the job duties of the Senior Associate will depend upon a comprehensive understanding of medium/high-throughput screening, electrophysiological recordings, and data reporting software. Accordingly, it is crucial that they display enthusiasm to learn and become proficient in any tasks where their prior experience is limited.
Use innovative automated electrophysiology technology to:
- Provide support for ion channel programs in a multidisciplinary team.
- Develop, troubleshoot, and validate functional assays.
- Conduct high-throughput screening for neurological disease targets.
- Rapidly analyze experimental data and present results at project and group meetings.
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Neuroscience, Pharmacology, or a related biology field with a minimum of 10 years of post-degree laboratory work experience.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience independently performing patch-clamp experiments using automated electrophysiology systems is required.
- Mammalian cell culture experience and ability to maintain multiple cell lines is required.
- Working knowledge of ion channel biology and target mechanisms, along with familiarity interpreting patch-clamp data is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to shift attention between multiple projects on a weekly basis is necessary.
- Ability to run high-throughput cell-based assays is highly desirable, particularly if experience is relevant to membrane receptor signaling (i.e. FLIPR).
- Familiarity with the principles of small molecule library screening and early-stage drug development is preferred.
- Proficiency with standard scientific software used for data analysis (e.g. GraphPad Prism, Genedata Screener, Perkin Elmer Signals, and Spotfire) is preferred.
- Experience preparing biological buffer solutions, including pH titration and osmolarity adjustment is preferred.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $84,000 to $135,700.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .