At Biosense Webster, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is our top priority in our recruiting and hiring practices. It is about challenging ourselves to be transparent and accountable, engaging in honest and courageous conversations, and making DEI a central part of the way we work in order to develop innovative solutions for a healthier world—and a better future for all.
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. We leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year.
Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
The Associate Clinical Account Specialist (ACAS) position is a 6-9 month training position for those with little to no electrophysiology (EP) experience. Upon successful graduation from the program, the ACAS will be promoted to a Clinical Account Specialist (CAS). As a CAS the candidate will provide expert clinical product and technical assistance and training to physicians and EP lab staff on the effective use of BWI’s systems and catheter equipment (e.g., The CARTO® System, associated software modules and RF generator) during case procedures within an assigned geography. The expectation that is that this work leads to meeting and/or exceeding business goals.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $70,000.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus.
The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
This position is eligible for a company car through the Company’s FLEET program.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Under (e.g. limited supervision, general direction, etc.) and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, the ACAS will:
- Attend all portions of the ACAS fellowship training program without exception.
- Engage in dialogue with multiple internal and external business partners and stakeholders, and formulate solutions based on dialogue and input gained during training.
- Understand the dynamics of an EP lab, including, but not limited to physicians, nurses and technicians, clinical and hospital administrators and staff.
- Prioritize and appropriately respond to requests in a high-stress environment.
- Maintain composure and problem-solving focus during stressful interactions.
- Respond daily to requests by email and voicemail.
- Drive collaboration and maintain consistent, open lines of communication across the assigned responsibilities with the local team/Pod (i.e. TM and other CAS), as well as the support team (i.e. field trainers, site trainers, RBD) and other internal and external partners
- Responsible for following all company guidelines related to health, safety and environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition.
- Responsible for adhering to company compliance with all federal, state, local and company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree is required by December 2023
- OR minimum of 2 years of related professional experience (engineering, or procedural hospital setting) is required with an Associate’s degree
- OR a minimum of 1 year of EP mapping experience with an Associate’s degree is required
- OR Graduate from an accredited academic program OR Industry prep school with a focus on EP with Bachelor’s degree is required
- OR exiting a branch of the US military with an Associate’s degree is required
- Priority given to candidates with Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of the following fields:
- Cardiac Function & Interventional Technology
- Chemistry: Polymers/Materials Science
- Computer Science
- Engineering: Biomedical, Computer Science, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, General Engineering
- Health Sciences
- Informatics and/or Data Science
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Technical Design: Industrial Design/Product Design
- A valid driver’s license issued in the United States and successfully complete a background investigation, to include a review of driving record history
- The ability to travel related to this role is required. Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% overnight locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Will be required to maintain advanced clinical knowledge of cardiac ablation and cardio imaging, technical knowledge of EP technology, advancements, and the business landscape.
- Advance-level computer skills, and the ability to multitask without the direct oversight of manager required
- The ACAS will be hired for a specific company sales area and relocation to that pre-identified sales area after completion of the ACAS Training Program is required.
- Please note: For the ACAS role, we do not offer work visa sponsorships and we do not accept OPT/CPT
Our full-time Associate Clinical Account Specialist (ACAS) opportunity with our #1 MedTech company Biosense Webster. This full-time role works hands-on with cutting edge technology in a clinical setting in cities across the country to help patients with cardiac arrythmias live the lives they want. Moreover, as an ACAS, you quickly become the eyes of the physician during arrythmia ablation procedures and are in a genuine partnership with the Electrophysiologist and EP Lab team as you work to help the patients.
- Discover A New Possible with Biosense Webster ACAS Program Video
- Biosense Webster Website
- Biosense Webster YouTube page
- Patient information on Afib
- Explanation of what Atrial Fibrillation (Afib) ablation is geared towards patients
- 10- minute video explaining the Afib ablation procedure
- Longer video showing detailed steps of the procedure
- J&J Credo
- Geographical Alignment for Mid-Atlantic : Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania (Philadelphia and Lancaster), New York (Buffalo and Rochester), West Virginia
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability