At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Janssen, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Dermatology Medical Affairs Intern located in Horsham, PA. Janssen is the name given to Johnson & Johnson’s global group of pharmaceutical companies. These companies market both conventional and biotech products in a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The internship is offered by the Dermatology group within the Medical Affairs division of Janssen Biotechnology. The Dermatology Medical Affairs group supports Janssen products approved for use in patients with psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis. The Internship Program is focused on providing college students with practical scientific and clinical experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
The Medical Affairs Intern – Dermatology will:
- work collaboratively with medical affairs staff supporting ongoing projects
- assist with activities associated with phase 4 clinical studies
- participate in ongoing project team meetings including slide preparation for study updates and business planning activities
- be exposed to various other functions within the larger Medical Affairs organization, including medical information, scientific communications, clinical operations, etc.
- participate in Johnson & Johnson summer intern activities, including a community service project
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry/Biology/Chemistry.
- Students who have completed three years of college coursework year will be considered.
- Candidates could also be enrolled in an accredited college and have at least 2 years of graduate study in PharmD, PhD, MPH or other master’s programs.
- Position will be in-person and involve approximately 40 hours per week. Virtual or remote work will only be permitted by exception on a case by case basis.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- COVID-19 vaccination (fully vaccinated status) is a condition of employment at the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates must have their own means of transportation as travel to the Horsham campus will be required and travel to other Janssen/J&J campuses within Pennsylvania and New Jersey may be necessary.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in SharePoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Candidates with academic and/or industrial clinical trial experience are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is required.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.