“Reimagine the possibilities” at Johnson and Johnson Global Finance! We live this motto every day by creating game-changing business solutions for the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company.
As a member of our Global Finance team, you will have exclusive access to a network of financial professionals located in over 60 countries. This new network will help you build on your current skills and explore opportunities to grow your career in J&J.
At J&J Global Finance, we value ideas for innovation and improvement and are committed to diversity and inclusion. Together we will reimagine business processes to become more effective, more efficient, and improve customer experience. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This role is part of the A2R Regional APAC Finance team responsible for Revenue Accounting for APAC.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions, and approvals.
It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, this position may be conveyed with New Consumer Health. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to the successful candidate by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and would be subject to any necessary consultation processes.
Core responsibilities include:
- Responsible for complete and accurate accounting and reporting for all Sales, Returns & Billing adjustments, Cash Discounts, Trade Promotion. This includes but is not limited to managing Revenue recognition, Cut-off & Rebate processes, and reporting via the 'OneStream' system
- Timely closing & execution of financial periods as per closing calendar and in accordance with SLA commitments, fully observing Compliance, Internal Audit & SOX requirements
- Accountable for completeness, accuracy and validity of the actuals reported within process/entity scope
- Deep expertise, fully knowledgeable of the Worldwide Procedures and compliance requirements for respective areas
- Generate ideas, foster, and implement continuous improvement mindset, identifying and pursuing process efficiency opportunities
- Support Process Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to ensure cross sector, cross region and cross process alignment, ensuring good documentation is maintained and consistency of a global approach
- Execute global Strategy & Solutions in line with taxonomy
- Regular focus on Balance Sheet reconciliations to minimize open and long outstanding items
- Execute process improvements, generating ideas and implementing in line with global standards
- Support auditors and legal authorities with the execution of required activities
- Understand, adhere and execute per worldwide policies and procedures. Identify compliance risks and recommend solutions
- Ensure strong internal controls are in place, to achieve “adequate” internal and external audit ratings
Leadership and People Management
- Recruiting, onboarding, and training of new joiners
- On the job training for new team members / BPO partners
- Up to 5% international travel
- A minimum of a bachelor’s level degree or equivalent is required, preferably in accounting or finance
- CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other financial certifications are preferred
- Fluent English, other language skills desirable
Experience and Skills Required:
- At least 4 years of professional experience is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Be open to new ideas, rapid change and embracing new technologies
- Experience in a Shared Service Centre of a multinational corporation or BPO
- Experience in a Global Account to Report function of a large multi-state company
- Ability to handle ambiguity and fluid situations, demonstrating a pragmatic approach
- Successfully manage multiple priorities, be very organized and work efficiently to tight deadlines
- Solid US GAAP accounting knowledge preferred
- Proficient in ERP systems (SAP preferred) and MS Office in particular Excel
- Lead/Participate in other Regional/Global/Cross functional duties as assigned
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability