Ethicon Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Facilitator!
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Are you interested in joining a diverse team delivering outstanding results to our customers? Apply now for this exciting opportunity!
You will be responsible for managing plant personnel to maximize quality and outputting a manufacturing operation. Accountable for aligning all respective departments to achieve business goals. This role has increased responsibility including, but not limited to, additional skills, multiple lines/products, diverse teams, etc.
- Supervise the daily operations of several manufacturing departments to ensure the implementation of the manufacturing strategic goals by maximizing productivity through the efficient use of equipment and personnel. (Target minimum equipment utilization of 80%.)
- Plan and direct manufacturing and maintenance functions, supervising and developing individuals and teams to achieve encouraged performance standards and initiating changes for improved products and processes.
- Develop and support initiatives to meet quality standards in manufacturing and improve in process quality, and to meet customer requirements to ensure fill rates are met, while reducing inventory and manufacturing cycle time.
- Responsible for communicating measures for accountability to associates and assisting associates in meeting job responsibilities. Apply associate involvement methods as needed to increase associate responsibility and ownership.
- Direct and support processes to ensure production schedules are met. (Important metrics: Due date and schedule adherence, cycle time.)
- Interpret administrative policies for associates, reviews associates’ performance and makes decisions regarding personnel actions.
- Ensure accurate policies and guidelines are followed to maintain compliance with all regulatory and corporate policies (Health, Safety, and Environmental Standards, etc.).
- Support manufacturing in day to day troubleshooting situations and actively serve on IPT (Integrated Production Teams) as assigned.
- Regularly identify efforts and results by production team members and provides appropriate recognition.
- Support LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives.
- Handle human resources to ensure qualified associates are given the opportunity and direction for growth, developmental, and promotional opportunities
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; focused degree in engineering, business, or a technical degree is preferred.
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience as a supervisor in a Medical Devise or Pharmaceutical environment is required.
- Understanding of equipment Preventative Maintenance and calibration programs and their administration is preferred.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and manufacturing processes such as Just in Time (JIT), KANBAN, etc. is preferred.
- Basic computer and database management skills is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with a focus on outstanding leadership ability. Statistical and analytical problem solving.
- Position requires proven leadership skills in associate involvement and teamwork, initiative, creativity, assertiveness, attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure achieving consistently high results in quality, efficiency, and compliance through individual and team efforts.
- Self-motivated and capable of taking a lead position in completing duties in results-oriented work environment.
- This position may require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com