Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist of Molecular Immunology located in Cambridge, MA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. We are working to create a world without disease by bring together the best minds to pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. To learn more, please visit www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal
Janssen R&D is seeking a motivated scientist to join the Antibody Generation Group. The successful individual will provide both scientific and technical expertise as well as collaborate across discovery areas to bring value to the portfolio of innovative drug concepts. This is a critical role in a multifaceted Biologics Discovery organization committed to bringing the next generation of biotherapeutic molecules to patients.
- Design, perform, interpret, troubleshoot, and report complex data
- Developing methods to efficiently capture B cell immune repertoires and study humoral immune responses in laboratory animals
- Recovering antibody V-genes from selected hybridoma cells or single B cells
- Utilizing sanger sequencing or next generation sequencing approaches in a globally integrated environment
- Frequently collaborate with colleagues in other functional groups, as well as present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to manage projects within a highly coordinated, fast-paced environment
- Master’s Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, immunology, or a related field with at least 2 years of experience or a bachelor’s degree with 4 years of experience is required
Experience and Skills:
- Experience and in-depth knowledge in molecular cloning of BCR is required
- Experience with V-gene primer design, RT-PCR, Topo cloning, in-fusion cloning, multiplex NGS, 10x Genomics is required
- Working knowledge on antibody discovery using different approaches including hybridoma, B cell sorting is preferred
- In-depth knowledge on mAb, bi-specifics and multi-specifics as therapeutics is preferred
- In-depth understanding of antibody sequence analysis including germline analysis and CDR clustering and immune repertoire analysis is preferred
- Additional knowledge base in the areas of oncology, immunology, infectious disease, or cardiovascular disease is preferred
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com