Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Clinical Development, Immunology, to be located in Cambridge, MA, Spring House, PA, or San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in the following therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, infectious diseases & vaccines, cardiovascular & metabolism, and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. We are guided by our Credo. https://www.jnj.com/credo/
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The focus of the Manager, Clinical Scientist is to support various clinical research tasks associated with assigned Immunology Development clinical trials, program execution, innovation, and optimization of execution. Scope of work will include tasks associated with the execution, monitoring, and reporting results of clinical trials evaluating therapeutics in immunologic disorders. The range of tasks may vary to some degree depending on the therapeutic area and trial-specific requirements.
The Clinical Scientist is a key member of development clinical trial teams, works in collaboration with Study Responsible Clinical Scientist and in partnership with Project Physician(s). The Clinical Scientist provides active scientific contribution to a cross-functional clinical team developing a molecular entity. Provides input to the clinical development plan, works on the development of the clinical trial protocol, clinical trial materials, supports completion of clinical study reports and preparation of relevant documents for regulatory filings. This role involves extensive team matrix interactions with colleagues from different disciplines.
- Supports activities related to the design, execution, monitoring, and reporting of clinical trials.
- Supports preparation of clinical development plans, trial protocols, case report forms, study operational plans
- Supports medical monitoring activities and reporting in partnership with Study Responsible Clinical Scientist and Study Responsible Physician, evaluates clinical trial adverse events, reviews clinical laboratory results, drafts adverse event narratives.
- Partners with Clinical Operations in trial set up, conduct, recruitment activities, closeout, and reporting
- Assists Data Management with the review of clinical data and query resolution
- Works closely with Quality Management & Assurance to ensure flawless execution of clinical trials
- Supports completion of clinical study reports
- Supports responses to questions from Ethics Committees and Health Authorities
- Supports integrated document development for marketing authorization filing and preparation for the FDA Advisory Committee and EU Oral Explanation
- Reviews medical literature and related new technologies
- BS, MS, PharmD, PhD or RN preferably with a scientific background in Immunology or a related field, and 5 years industry experience or equivalent clinical research experience is required.
- Experience in late-stage drug development, experience in immuno-inflammatory indications is preferred.
- Ability to survey and interpret the scientific literature related to the assigned projects is required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic environment and be able to prioritize and respond to changing needs of the business.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to advise, persuade, and negotiate with colleagues in a supportive and encouraging fashion.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- The ability to work in a global matrix organization with cross-functional teams is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications EXCEL, POWERPOINT, and WORD.
- 10-20% domestic/international travel may be required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.