Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives . With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
The Abiomed Advanced Clinical Research group leads the design and development of Abiomed Clinical Studies. Our team is currently hiring a clinical data analyst to support our trial design and analysis work. The Clinical Data Analyst will be an integral part of the trial design team working closely with the scientific lead, medical director, data managers, and key opinion leaders. This role will be instrumental in generating and analyzing the foundational data used to guide study design decisions in research that tackles some of the biggest and most complicated questions in heart failure.
- Be an expert in relevant data sources including internal study databases, device log data, external claims data
- Work closely with the scientific lead to perform analyses to support study design decisions
- Develop tools to support scientific oversight of ongoing studies
- Prepare data visualizations to relate findings to a clinical audience
- Analyze and document on-going study databases to assess impact of potential study design changes
- Analyze internal databases and studies to support hypothesis generating research
- Manage and execute to analytics project timelines
- Assist in the development of trial-specific Electronic Data Capture (EDC) data requirements
- Generate and maintain analysis documentation
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors required; MS or above preferred
- 5+ years experience, experience with industry trials and medical databases preferred
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with SAS, R, Python, or similar and experience retrieving data using API’s and/or SQL databases
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, willing to present to external stakeholders
- Attention to detail – both written and visual
- Eagerness to learn and explore new methodologies
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at a given time
- Self-motivated and excellent team player
At Abiomed we reward results in competitive ways! This includes a rewarding patient first career, health and wellness benefits, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match. The base salary range for this role is $75,000 - $100,000 . This role is also eligible for a competitive bonus that is based off employee’s performance and can be accelerated based off results.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.