At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Join us!
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Summer Neuroscience Intern. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
At Janssen, we never stop working toward a future where disease is a thing of the past. We’re the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, and you can count on us to keep working tirelessly to make that future a reality for patients everywhere, by fighting sickness with science, improving access with ingenuity, and healing hopelessness with heart. We focus on areas of medicine where we can make the biggest difference: Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Visit us: www.janssen.com
We are seeking a summer intern for the Neuroscience Therapeutic Area. The summer intern will advance ongoing in vitro human iPSC-derived neural modeling efforts to discover cellular disease phenotypes associated with neuropsychiatric disorders such as Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, and Schizophrenia. They will be responsible for planning, conducting, interpreting, and reporting experimental results while interacting with an interdisciplinary team of scientists.
- Develop, conduct, and interpret in vitro experiments using human iPSC-derived neural cell types (neurons, astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, etc) to investigate cellular development and neural circuit formation.
- Use various experimental approaches, including qRT-PCR, immunocytochemistry, and MEA electrophysiology to generate expression and functional data.
- Provide project updates and experimental findings in oral and written communication.
- Enrolled in an accredited college pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience, Biology, or a related field. Students entering their final year of studies (graduation in 2025) are preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Available in Summer of 2024 and able to work full-time during the duration of the internship.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- At least one academic year of undergraduate research experience or a full-time, lab-based summer internship using molecular biology, imaging, and/or cell culture techniques.
- Comfortable working independently as well as on a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Additional technical proficiences in GraphPad Prism or other statistical software and experience with PubMed or other literature databases.
- Excellent organization, communication, presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.