Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Director, Antibody Discovery located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
As a member of the In Vivo Antibody Discovery Group, this role will contribute to multiple aspects of antibody discovery in a globally-integrated environment. In-depth knowledge of B-cell recovery methods such as Hybridoma technology, B-cell sorting, and microfluidics will be critical. Familiarity in next generation sequencing approaches to antibody variable-region analysis will also be important. This is a critical function in a multifaceted Biologics Discovery organization committed to bringing the next generation of biotherapeutic molecules to patients. We are looking for a motivated candidate with scientific and technical expertise who can collaborate across discovery areas to bring value to our portfolio of innovative drug concepts. Proficiency to lead within a highly coordinated, fast-paced environment will be a significant attribute. An additional knowledge base in the areas of oncology, immunology, or cardiovascular disease would be a plus. If this sounds like you, come join our team!
· Lead a team of scientists in the recovery of antigen-specific B-cells from immunized mice
· Monitor external innovation in the field, and drive the development of industry-leading processes for therapeutic antibody discovery
· Lead therapeutic antibody projects in collaboration with Therapeutic Area organizations
· PhD in Molecular Biology, or related field with 10+ years of pharmaceutical experience
· Must have a consistent track record with therapeutic antibody discovery
· Must have experience with Hybridoma technology and B-cell sorting
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.