Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
In this role as a Associate Area Manager , you and your clinical partner will be responsible for driving growth in the Louisville franchise. You will attend cases and provide comprehensive guidance to physicians and staff on the use of our Impella® product portfolio to drive positive outcomes. Your goal is to develop the market in a given territory to help recover hearts and save patients’ lives. This territory includes Louisville and Lexington, KY.
To be successful in your role you will need advanced knowledge in interventional cardiology, strong sales skills, and business savvy partnered with leadership and training skills that promote trust, respect and are backed by honor and integrity.
- Promote & sell Impella® product line to established customers (physicians and Heart Teams including Interventional Cardiologists, Cardiac Surgeons, and Administrators).
- Identify new customers (physicians and hospitals) and lead the efforts in activating new centers
- Create account/territory business plans and build programs
- Exceed sales for assigned territory
- Initiate Impella® development activities focused on increasing awareness in the market
- Lead clinical teams whose expertise help drive Impella® adoption in assigned territory
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 3+ years of sales experience with 2+ years experience in cardiovascular medical device sales required
- Proven track record of selling into a Cath Lab or surgical suite required
- A proven track record in leading and motivating teams to successfully achieve quotas required
- Strong knowledge of interventional cardiology required
- Direct patient support experience required
- Availability for emergent patient care required
- Ability to drive patient outcomes required
- Ability to travel up to 50% overnight
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations governing the medical device industry required
- Experience selling within assigned geography preferred
- Established relationships/network of Interventional Cardiologists and Cath Lab staff in the Louisville territory
- Proven track record of technology adoption and market development
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .