Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives . With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
The Therapy Awareness Manager will be responsible for the development, planning and implementation of educational and marketing activities within their customer groups and regional scope. They will work with the referring physician community to raise awareness of treatment options with Impella. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the development and execution of market development programs that assist hospitals with the identification of the high-risk patient population and care pathway opportunities. The Therapy Awareness Manager will be responsible for the development of relationships within the cardiovascular space to include general cardiology, heart failure, Cardiac APPs, and CV surgery, plus the PCP environment. This individual will work in partnership with our Healthcare Solutions team to strengthen networks that create access to care for appropriate patient populations.
This TAM position wlll align with the South Texas region, specifically Houston and surrounding areas.
· Execution of high-impact Therapy Awareness education programs strategically planned in a cost-effective manner to increase access to advanced treatment options for patients
· Effective development of regional referrals for patients with CAD and/or Heart Failure for advanced therapy evaluation to include Impella protected procedures
· Provide clinical expertise and educate physicians, APPs, educators, nursing staff and other health care providers on the indications and selection of patients that are candidates for Impella
· Creation of patient care pathways that identify high-risk patients and flag the need for Ischemic Evaluation
· Education to appropriate patient support groups/networks and support of Abiomed’s Direct to Patient Program
· Assist hospitals on the development of marketing materials, CME symposiums, educational conferences, and other opportunities as identified with supervisor and field teams
· Effective and timely management of territory therapy development issues and process-related items including monthly reports, action plans, expense reporting, and Sales Force responsibilities
· Effective communication and collaboration on plan of action for territories with franchise field team members, marketing, training and education and management teams
· Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Must have BA/BS
· Therapy Awareness Manager: >5-7 or more successful years of outreach or market/business development experience within medical device and/or cardiac pharmaceutical field or >3-5 years of experience in hospital specialized program or care pathway setting.
· Must have experience and contacts in the cardiovascular space with strong clinical acumen
· Demonstrated desire to attain the position.
· Must be able to travel overnight extensively (60%)
· Ability to use PC's and associated software and excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated organization abilities.
At Abiomed we reward results in competitive ways! This includes a rewarding patient first career, health and wellness benefits, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match. The base salary for this role is $110,000.00. This role is eligible for a competitive variable compensation plan and can be accelerated based off results.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.