Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for an NPI Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer, located in Santa Clara, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The NPI Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer is an individual with high motivation to launch products to market. Is determined to build a quality product and innovate through continuous improvement throughout the product’s life cycle. This role is highly synergetic and works with R&D teams, technicians, and peers to develop the manufacturing process for a medical robotic system. Is also capable and passionate about developing, documenting and qualifying test processes used during the manufacturing of electro-mechanical components and subassemblies. This individual is continuously challenging the status quo while understanding the “why” in design intent and overall product functionality.
Key Responsibilities :
- Collaborate, mentor and support design teams to develop and introduce manufacturing processes that scale to commercialization.
- Design, develop, document, and qualify electro-mechanical manufacturing fixtures using custom and off-the shelf hardware and software.
- Assist in the development of process automation, test scripts, data acquisition and measurement systems with focus on repeatability and reproducibility.
- Lead investigations and resolve manufacturing production issues following GMP and the company’s Quality Management System.
- Lead Corrective and Preventive Action plans by providing solutions using independent thinking and problem-solving skills including Root Cause Identification, Fishbone, 5 Whys, or Pareto Charts.
- Plan, define and implement continuous process improvements to existing manufacturing operations including process verification and validation.
- Implement maintenance and calibration procedures, perform routine equipment preventative maintenance and/or repair and serve as manufacturing liaison for external calibration activities.
- Author and implement manufacturing documentation, including protocols, reports, manufacturing process instructions, standard operating procedures, and equipment/fixture specifications.
- Act as technical lead and participate in daily stand-up meetings to support building schedule and activities.
- Generate and present production metrics and routinely present to management, as well as supporting other manufacturing engineering duties as assigned or requested.
This role requires the use of varying levels of personal protective equipment (including, gowns, masks/face shields, gloves, and safety glasses). This role routinely uses standard office equipment. Requires to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and perform repetitive bending and lifting motions over a period of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer or related engineering field is required. Mechatronics Engineering degree preferred. Master’s or advanced degree preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 6 years relevant work experience with GxP and process validation planning/execution, IQ/OQ/PQ protocols and reports.
- Experience working on instrumentation automation and using scripting languages such as Python, Shell, Batch, Bash or Linux commands.
- Produce high quality documentation that is clearly understandable by internal and external personnel.
- Proficiency and knowledge on electrical systems and test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, and power supplies.
- Experience in Medical Device industry, Robotics, Manufacturing, and MES.
- Experience in Product Lifecycle Management systems such as Oracle Agile.
- Ability to travel (10%) to and from headquarters in Santa Clara, CA.
- The anticipated base pay range for this position is $ 101,800 to $ 142,600
- The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
- Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
- For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.