Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for Sr. Director, Make Engineering – Vision Care to be based in Limerick, Ireland. Relocation can be included, if necessary.
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. As the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science, and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life – to help people see better, connect better, and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com . Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
Reporting to the VC Manufacturing VP, the Sr Director of Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for leading and directing Engineering and Technology activities in alignment with franchise, sector and site objectives for Vision Care.
Acting as a strategic partner to the business, this position provides overall leadership to the engineering group, setting and ensuring the effective deployment of technical & operational strategies to provide sustained competitive advantage while developing a strong and diverse team with deep subject matter expertise. This position will ensure effective links between Manufacturing Engineering objectives and business strategy and results.
This Executive will be responsible for the setting up and directing of a new Engineering project management global function for Capacity expansion, new technology Projects and Vendor Management. This role will globally lead the manufacturing facilities in Ireland and Jacksonville from an Engineering perspective to ensure reliable, consistent supply and partner in BP delivery which includes performance/product improvements, CIP and asset management.
An ability to leverage internal and external stakeholders for innovation, while ensuring standardization of best practices in all aspects of the role, from technical to talent, will be core.
Strong collaboration with all stakeholders, both Technical (R&D, Equip Development, Quality, IT) and Managerial (S&D, Product Management, Finance, ESC) together with business acumen will be key to success.
Internal partners include: Business partners (Safety, Quality, Platform, R&D, Advanced Tech development, HR, IT, Operations)
External partners include: Manufacturing of future, Universities, key Vendors and supplier
- Lead a high performing diverse, technical, global team that creates competitive advantage for VC through the sourcing and deployment of the best technologies and practices.
- This focus will initially entail setting up this global function with some positions which are established and others that need to be developed from new (e.g Project and Vendor management function).
- On an ongoing basis, continuously upskilling a strong technical, diverse team that is focused on business outcomes is core to the role.
- Lead the VC Manufacturing Engineering & Technical strategies for current and LRFP horizons.
- Partner closely with R&D commercialization Leads, Supply chain Technology leads, Platform leaders, Planning, external partners to ensure fit for purpose manufacturing strategies are in place and being executed.
- Ensure that best practice and strong governance is employed in new technology delivery, from design to handover to manufacturing.
- Partner with JJV Design Team, CCFS and others, to develop a strong global network of Vendors that bring innovation, speed of delivery and value for money to Vision Care.
- Resolve escalations in a prompt manner to enable the function/ business to deliver on commitments.
- Self - development to ensure this position keeps current and up to date to enable effective business strategic direction.
- Network and externally Benchmark to ensure the shaping of Manufacturing & Engineering strategies are current and future proofed.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, long-term incentive, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below. For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to:
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science discipline; Master’s degree is preferable
- Minimum 15 years of relevant Engineering experience is required
- Minimum 10 years of relevant management experience is required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in regulated industry is required
- Significant background in Medical Devices is preferred
- Strong knowledge in Manufacturing and Project management
- Strong knowledge of process and product improvement methodologies
- Knowledge, understanding and application of quality and regulatory compliance principles, concepts and practices related to quality systems regulated by domestic and foreign governments
- Understanding of a broad set of regulations and standards such as, but not limited to, FDA Quality system Regulation 21 CFR Parts 820; ISO 13485, FDA Combo Regulation 21 CFR Parts 4; Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulation 21 CFR 210/211, and international regulatory requirements (Japanese MHLW, Brazilian ANVISA)
- Strong business acumen is required
- Proven track record of results and strong leadership capabilities
- Minimum 10 years of relevant management experience
- Proven track record of leading a diverse technical team from both management and technical paths
- Strong communication, organizational, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel globally and domestically 30% annually is required