Johnson & Johnson's family of companies is recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, within our Robotics & Digital Solutions organization, with the Ottava product. The location for this position is on-site in Santa Clara, California.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will join the Connectivity & Cybersecurity team, leading the development of software features and controls of the surgical robotics system. These allow the clinical staff to safely and securely interact with the medical system and the cloud. You will be partnering with many teams, including Infrastructure, DevOps, Clinical, and Systems to define, develop, and test the product. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to redefine the world of medical robotics.
You have a strong focus in large scale C++ and distributed Linux systems. The team leads the connectivity, data, networking, logging, and cybersecurity systems.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop connected surgical software within multi-functional teams.
- Craft detailed design solutions for sophisticated and large problems.
- Implement business logic and requirements.
- Lead by example and educate multi-functional teams on modern practices.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Minimum B.S (Computer Science, Engineering, Software or equivalent) with 5+ years of industry experience, or M.S. (Computer Science, Engineering, Software or equivalent) with 3+ years of industry experience in C++ and Linux development.
- Solid understanding and experience with Linux.
- Solid understanding and experience with C++.
- Position is located in Santa Clara, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Some experience within a regulated industry.
- Some Distributed networking (e.g. DDS) experience.
- Some Python, CMake, Bash experience.
- Some cybersecurity interests.
Robotics and Digital Solutions, is part of Johnson & Johnson Med Tech. At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of collaboration to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're improving outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with progressive ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $116,700.00 to $187,795.00.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.