Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst, Enterprise & Competitor Analysis based in New Brunswick, NJ. This position will perform Competitor analyses across all 3 segments (Consumer, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device) and the J&J Enterprise.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $94.9 billion in 2022 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
This high-visibility role supports top executives at Johnson & Johnson in making strong strategic financial decisions for the enterprise. The Senior Financial Analyst, Competitor & Enterprise Analysis reports to the WW FP&A Senior Finance Manager and supports the WW FP&A VP of Finance, Group Finance CFOs, and other C-Level Executives. This role is responsible for externally benchmarking competitor performance and the creation, maintenance, presentation, and publishing of competitor forecasts. These forecasts play a crucial role in providing insight to Senior Leadership about both competitor and industry trends influencing future financial & business strategies of the enterprise.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing quarterly competitor forecast updates including consolidating financial projections, developing financial messaging, and analyzing performance compared to competitive composites
- Presenting competitor and industry insights to Group Finance CFOs and leadership teams identifying the underlying drivers of performance and effectively communicating opportunities for improvement
- Leading insight generation regarding market environment, competitor performance, and business segment implications to proactively address key business issues and support strategic development
- Accurately preparing Total Shareholder Return for Performance Stock Unit (Executive Compensation) purposes while providing analyses to Investor Relations and Enterprise teams highlighting JNJ stock performance versus competitor composite and key indices
- Leading the Long Range Financial Plan (LRFP) submission process through strong cross-functional collaboration with segment and functional leads to create the Executive Committee LRFP presentation
- Creating recommendation materials to support Senior Leadership in defining future dividend payment strategy
- Regularly publishing materials for the Executive Committee (EC) and Board of Director (BOD) meetings
- Coaching and developing a team of 2-3 Financial Analysts to create an engaging work environment
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a major in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of three (3) years finance or related business experience is required
- A CPA, CMA, CFA or MBA are also preferred
- Bloomberg Terminal experience preferred
- Experience with Tableau, TM1 and/or Cognos is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (i.e. Pivot Tables, LOOKUP functions, charts, etc.)
- The ability to work well in a dynamic environment, work independently and balance tasks with a strong sense of urgency through effective prioritization is required
- The individual must possess the ability to partner with people at all levels of the organization, have excellent framing skills (verbal/written), and strive for continuous improvement which is required
- Capability of navigating financial statements (Income Statements, Balance Sheet & Statement of Cash Flow) and GAAP to Non-GAAP reconciliations is required
- Requires a highly motivated individual with strong intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, analytical capabilities, and interpersonal skills is required
- This position will be located in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 10% of travel
The base pay range for this position is $73,000 - $117,300
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.