Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Institutional Specialist to support the Sacramento, CA Territory.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
As an Institutional Specialist (CVM) you will be responsible for:
- Compliantly achieving sales quota, market share, market share growth, and other business objectives specific to this market segment with its customers
- Excelling in selling and customer development activities including but are not limited to daily calls with relevant customers including cardiologists, hospitals, specialists, and other sites of establishing long‐term relationships and achieving key metrics
- Developing thought-leaders and leveraging the network to influence, contract implementation, protocols and utilization, and gaining access to clinicians
- Demonstrating consultative selling skills and expertise in cardiovascular and metabolic therapeutic areas, healthcare landscape, clinical/therapeutic, Managed Care, and customer using approved/ compliant documentation and tools to meet customers' decision-making style and prescribing habits.
- Improving access and formulary availability of Janssen products within institutions by applying a full understanding of reimbursement, formulary, and Managed Care; institutional core measures, contracts costs, liabilities, and length‐of‐stay to favorably influence external customer decision makers, such as state Medicaid, GPOs, wholesalers, and others; healthcare compliance and regulatory guidelines, economic and market trends, reimbursement policies, third‐party payers, hospitals, and federal entities
- Developing and applying expertise in business analytics, marketplace, disease state, competitor, and clinical to implement a compliant and efficient business plan
- Modifying strategy and resources based on insight of conditions within local market and prioritizes time and resources against the highest potential opportunities to improve outcomes. Aggressively addresses competitive threats and emerging opportunities
- Utilizing technology to analyze sales results, track results of activities, update customer account documentation
- Effectively collaborating with internal and external partners developing two‐way lines of communications, and a broad network in which to share all relevant information
- Organizing and completing administrative responsibilities efficiently, including healthcare compliance, expense reports, call reporting, and other assignments by established deadlines.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $80,000 to $142,600.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- At least two (2) years of direct selling experience in the healthcare industry (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, other) is required along with documented success in delivering sales results and achieving targets is required
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Residence in, or willingness to relocate to the geography is required
- Ability to independently prioritize and thrive within challenging and dynamic settings is required
- Flexibility to significant travel, including overnight travel, as well as work beyond normal business hours and periodic weekend work is required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. periodically, sit at a desk for up to 2 hours, climb stairs, walk quickly from place to place between business interactions, and travel by car or airplane independently is needed to perform accountabilities. Full visual acuity is required to operate computer and electronic devices, telephone systems, and drive a vehicle. Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations
- Prior experience in account management and selling to cardiologists, hospital systems and related specialists and sites is preferred
- Knowledge of U.S. healthcare industry, including key stakeholders and delivery of care preferred
- Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today!
- We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
- Travel availability (25-50%), a little more may be needed in the first year due to process implementation.
- Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is important to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
- Internal Applicants: If you wish to apply, please consider the following information from our Policy:
- We have a collective success culture: everyone contributes to how we win. Cross-functionally and across the company, we share common goals and work tirelessly for our members. We learn new things every day, support one another, and we value work-life balance (truly—without balance we will not find sustainable success).
The Company won’t be responsible for possible relocation or permanent expenses, or work permits for this position.
- Location: Sacramento, CA
A full-time, field sales, exempt position. Must have valid driver’s license in State of residence. Must be willing and able to travel overnight locally, regionally, and nationally up to 10%. Estimated time to become fully functional is 6-9 months. Reports to District Manager.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .