The Technical Service Manager will manage Field and Service Center Technical Teams, responsible for the Cluster Norte and Mexico. Will collaborate with other teams and functional areas on new product releases to ensure that Service Requirements are met and released, manage the development of local resources as well on new products and will work closely with Franchise and Quality teams on identified gaps and issues in the field and collaboration. Review potential process changes for their effect on product performance, Lead resolution of significant product issues with functional areas.
Manage multi-project coordination or changes for assigned product platforms.
Manage Technical Field Engineers + technicians and 2 Service Centers
Integration of technical service operations functions into new products/process
Lead and conduct proactive risk/mitigation strategies review with key internal stake holders.
Primary escalation point of support issues for service delivery in Northern Cluster & Mexico
Serves as the primary contact point for high level customer accounts.
Responsible for having an in depth understanding of franchises products and services and serves as the expert for handling critical customer issues
Works closely with all other departments to communicate customer concerns, feature requests and bug reports and plays a critical role in customers' satisfaction
Works with segments or customers to establish relationships with appropriate client contacts
Manage Training Delivery for FSE’s and technicians training classes.
KPIs Service Management
Be the technical services representative when working with franchises, and new product launch teams to provide the Serviceability requirements for the next products
Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
Guarantee Quality mandatory activities , tools calibration, preventive maintenance
Performs other duties assigned as needed
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, with five to seven years related experience, customer technical support experience (ideally in health industry)
- 4 to 5 years field service experience is a plus (Direct field service or service center environment required)
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification and the following disciplines:
- Biomedical Engineering , Electronics (or similar discipline)
- Work experience equivalent to six years in medical devices.
- 3 Years in Project Leadership role
- 3 to 5 years of people management experience
- English advanced (mandatory)
Required knowledge skills, abilities, certifications:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Service management systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, Visio and Access
- Organizational skills
- Influencing Skills
- Experience in continuous improvement process.
- Presentation skills
Location and Travel Requeriments
- Location is 70/30 Service Center and Field
- This position may require up to 20% travel domestically and internationally.
Provide a summary of the frequency and purpose/nature of interactions with customers of J&J, other business-related contacts external to J&J, etc.
- Internal interactions
- BU´s Functional area
- BU´s Marketing
- Operating Companies (ETH, BWI, DPS)
- Customers interactions in the field
Customers support escalations