Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
We are looking for a Director, Site Contracting EMEA to join our Global Clinical Operations (GCO) team.
In this role you will be accountable for the development and analysis of contractual relationships that includes but is not limited to drafting, negotiating, and finalizing contracts and grants related to clinical trials compliant to fair market value standards. The primary function of this position is to act as the key interface with the Clinical Program Leaders, GTMs, Business Operations Management Head, Regional Country Managers, J&J Legal, R&D companies, J&J Corporate Risk Department, and Healthcare Compliance (HCC), in the support of clinical trials.
In this position will you lead and drive related activities for Contract & Centralized Services (CCS) that will support all GCO clinical trials within agreed timelines, and to the highest quality possible. You will align goals with organizational objectives as defined in the GCO cascades.
You will be responsible for the development of all employees within the department by supporting the development of Human Resources Planning programs including Performance and Development Management (PDM) and training to meet current employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force.
• Lead and further develop a team of strategic contract and grants staff in the US and EU
• Ensure proactive budget development and negotiation with investigative sites
• Ensure that contractual terms and provisions are in compliance with corporate process, systems, and strategies
• Interact with J&J Law Department as necessary to review and analyze contractual terms and conditions in order to reach acceptable language
• Lead the negotiation and implementation of master agreements
• Mitigate legal and business risks while maximizing quality
• Serve as a subject matter expert for financial, contractual and health care compliance issues
• Ensure the development and maintenance of contract templates in accordance with changes in laws or regulations
• Ensure clinical insurance activities in support of all GCO clinical trials
• Develop and implement key process improvement initiatives associated with procurement, contract, financial planning, forecasting and payment
• Identify, implement and disseminate best practices throughout the Johnson & Johnson R&D companies
• Ensure optimum utilization of resources and compliance with project deadlines, policies, procedures, laws and regulations
• Identify and promote best practices. Adhere to SOPs, ethics and departmental compliance as determined by GCO management as well as R&D companies, corporate, HCC and QA guidelines
• Proactively improve processes and establish refinements that reduce cycle time, create savings and improve efficiency in the initiation of clinical trial sites
• Develop and implement global communication and training programs
• Lead the development and implementation of specialized tools to enable efficient knowledge management, processing of contract information and tracking of key performance metrics
• Exemplary customer focus with vision to drive solutions
• Monitor department and program progress and resolve critical issues to meet corporate goals. Lead the implementation of department plans, in combination with all stakeholders
• Lead the continuous process improvement and evaluation
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent in appropriate scientific or business disciplines.
• Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years-experience and/or equivalent competencies in pharmaceutical industry/clinical research.
• Must have a working knowledge of the clinical development process with at least 5-7 years of negotiation and contract experience.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and writer)
• Previous managerial experience required
• Ability to work effectively across all levels of management
• Strong and proven negotiation and problem resolution skills
• A working knowledge of PCs and database management, and business acumen
• Must demonstrate innovative spirit, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and complex project management.
• Decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Fluency in English required.
• Travel Percentage: 10%
About Janssen, the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
At Janssen, we’re creating a future where disease is a thing of the past. We’re the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, working tirelessly to make that future a reality for patients everywhere by fighting sickness with science, improving access with ingenuity, and healing hopelessness with heart. We focus on areas of medicine where we can make the biggest difference: Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, and Pulmonary Hypertension.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ready to be part of something great? Don't forget to apply. We want YOU!