A Singapore-based technical lead for an advanced technology platform is being recruited by Johnson & Johnson. The underlying infrastructure and technologies that enable the development of software applications are designed, developed, and maintained by an advanced platform engineer. This might involve jobs like developing scalable, high-performance systems, analyzing and fixing problems with current systems, and investigating and applying new technologies to enhance system performance and reliability. The advanced platform engineer should be well-versed in software engineering and computer science fundamentals, have practical expertise with programming languages and be knowledgeable with cloud infrastructure technologies. In order to make sure that the platform meets the company's needs, the advanced platform engineer may need to work with other teams and stakeholders. As such, they should be exceptional at problem-solving and communication.
The individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Ideate, architect, and provide the technology solution to advance the reliability of the platform across the supply chain advance technology platform. The platform includes AWS, Azure, and internal on-premises platforms.
- Collaborate with external cloud provider applications to improve, enhance and optimize the development processes and release cycles.
- Inherit the capabilities of citizen developers who create platform capabilities for consumption by themselves or others, using tools not actively forbidden by technology or business units.
- Participate in the global platform team for the supply chain advance capabilities as a representative of ASPAC.
- Enable the platform-related DevOps practices such as CI/CD pipeline, optimize the release cycle and set the baseline standard and measurable performance matrix in all regional advanced capabilities programs.
- An individual will be responsible for the OKR of driving towards optimizing platform cost and licenses (if applicable) through regular health checkups and continuously improving cloud services.
- As a part of a high-performing team, own the platform-related activities, including setup of the CI/CD pipeline, automated deployment practices, improving the application performance, and participating in platform-related application development such as infrastructure as a code.
- An individual one of the objectives and key result (OKR) will be to upskill the platform and application team (including vendor) through organizing training and mentorship.
- Troubleshoot the system and solve problems across all platform and application domains
- Oversee pre-production acceptance testing to ensure the high quality of a company’s services and products.
- Serving as the deep Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the development of cloud infrastructure solutions which includes multi/hybrid cloud design and implementation
Required Minimum Education : Bachelor’s degree in the field of Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, or a related field.
Business Experience: Minimum of 3 years of Operational Excellence
Technical Experience: 5 years of relevant Information Technology leadership experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience designing and building web environments on AWS and Azure includes working with services like EC2, ELB, RDS, DynamoDB, and S3 and equivalent in Azure and more.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure certifications are required.
- Strong technical expertise in IT infrastructure and cloud computing;
- Experience in Linux or Windows system administration;
- Knowledge of PowerShell script and/or other programming/scripting languages such as NodeJS, Java, and others.
- Experience with a Cloud SDK language, including one or more of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, or Go
- Hands-on AWS and Azure experience with at least two implementations and/or migrations in enterprise-scale environments.
- Hands-on experience in building the Terraform scripts for infrastructure as a code.
- Kubernetes experience will be an advantage.
- MuleSoft Runtime Fabric implementation or maintenance would be an advantage.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
About Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With approximately $82.1 billion in 2019 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of healthcare products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.