Johnson & Johnson International Services, Inc. is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Privacy – US MedTech . This position can be located at any of our MedTech sites in the United States: Irvine, CA; Redwood City, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Raynham, MA; New Brunswick, NJ; or Raritan, NJ.
The Senior Manager, Privacy will lead and drive the Privacy Compliance Program for designated Johnson & Johnson MedTech operating companies in the United States. This position is located in the United States, but will participate in regional and global projects on a regular basis. They will serve as strategic business partners for multiple operating companies in the United States, and coordinate some cross-sector activities, as advised by Global Privacy leadership, from time to time.
- Establish and maintain key business, legal and IT relationships representing the Global Privacy function to the business for the sector and business operations assigned to the Senior Manager.
- Ensure our core Privacy programs meet regulatory, legal and J&J Privacy obligations.
- Identify and address new and evolving external legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure privacy risks are effectively identified and addressed by applying privacy by design principles, addressing training needs, and providing compliance guidance while looking for efficiencies.
- Preparation for internal and external Privacy compliance audits and implementation of corrective actions, solutions and process enhancements.
- Present and actively participate in compliance committees, leadership team meetings and similar governance councils.
- Collaborate with global/regional Privacy compliance community to share approaches to Privacy compliance and serve on teams to harmonize and optimize company approaches to Privacy.
- Participate in testing and monitoring program opportunities in order to demonstrate the Privacy compliance program is effective. Participate in and oversee the implementation plan for privacy initiatives in the sector and region.
- Identify, develop and implement new policies and procedures to enhance the Privacy compliance program with approval and input from Privacy leadership.
- Actively support new and evolving business models, technologies and growth strategies. Drive innovation and simplification through individual goals.
- Develop and maintain Privacy documentation to demonstrate compliance.
- Identify and conduct training programs for internal partners across MedTech.
- Assist with globalization of privacy policies and best practices.
- Ongoing interaction with regional Privacy counterparts throughout the project lifecycle to ensure smooth global deployments and compliance with global requirements.
This position description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work to be performed.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree is required. An advanced degree is helpful.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of overall experience is required.
- Experience in the MedTech, Life Sciences and/or Healthcare industries is required.
- Experience and demonstrated leadership in Privacy compliance.
- Experience creating and implementing a compliance program is required.
- A proven track record of success in an environment that demands a sound understanding of the need to balance complex legal/regulatory/public policy issues within the structural and operational realities is required.
- Strong focus on business partnering and solutioning and ability to operate effectively in a matrix structure is required.
- Strong ability to synthesize vast amounts of complex data, and clearly and concisely articulate the relevant points at the right level depending on the audience (including to senior leaders).
- This position requires knowledge and application of the U.S. federal and state data protection and privacy laws, such as HIPAA and CPRA; knowledge of compliance management; and knowledge of business practices that involve the collection, use and processing of personally identifiable information.
- Cross-functional and/or cross-sector experience is preferred.
- An IAPP Privacy certification is strongly preferred (CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT).
- People management experience is preferred.
The base pay range for this position is $113,000- $195,500. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .