DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Boston, MA where we are building a software platform for our robotic surgery product line. Be a part of a growing team bringing innovation to patient care through technology!
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com .
The Digital Surgery team is using robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of surgical procedures. We are creating an extensible operating room ecosystem to support our surgical products. Our vision is to build a process of continuous improvement through analysis of intra-operative and post-operative surgical data.
The Senior Software Engineer is part of an Agile team of software and product development professionals creating software for digital surgery products. You will build on our existing technologies and innovate new solutions for user-facing software applications and systems integration. You’ll build REST API endpoints, data management services, and enable device to cloud capabilities. Your role will also extend to cybersecurity concerns at all levels of the product and the support infrastructure.
- Collaborate with software engineers, product development engineers, cybersecurity and quality professionals, systems engineering, and product owners to build foundational components of our surgical platform
- Develop applications for device administration, user management, and surgical functionality.
- Working with Test Engineers to devise testing strategies and scenarios on which to build test cases
- Write design descriptions and architectural documentation in compliance with regulation our Quality Management System.
- Build software tools to collect device telemetry for machine learning for reliability and product improvement.
- Enable next-generation data management capabilities for our surgical robotics platform
- A bachelor's degree is required for this position; A major in Computer Science or similar is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant Engineering experience is required.
- Proficiency in the C# programming language and .Net development is required.
- Proficiency with Windows software application development is required.
- Experience with developing or using REST APIs
- It is helpful to have direct experience in bringing medical devices to market through the 510(k) -submission process
- Have a desire to lead team compliance with IEC 62304 regulation in the creation of technical design, unit test, and code review documentation.
- Agile software development experience and familiarity with Agile development practices
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment, medical devices in particular
- A good understanding of SQL databases and handling data of various lineages and formats
- Experience with WPF Framework
- This position is located in Boston, MA and may require up to 10% travel.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .