Purpose of this role:
- The Business Unit Leader, Vision Care Malaysia is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the long-term VC portfolio strategy to drive growth for Malaysia. This is achieved through leading the Malaysia Vision organization and partnership with the SEA Regional office and Asia Pacific Functional Leaders.
- Provides direct leadership to the local Malaysia Vision organization and executing key strategic imperatives towards a sustainable growth strategy.
- Drives customer centricity, advance partnership levels (internal and external) to increase overall market-leading category sales to deliver against business targets
- Leads Malaysia Vision sales, marketing and professional development team in understanding, guiding and leading to meet business and in-market goals.
- Partners SEA RO and AP Functional Leaders to drive strong customer demand for Vision Care Portfolio, professional education development, total business solutions and competitive advantage so as to strengthen Vision Care market position.
- To strengthen internal capabilities, raise bench strength and build strong leadership pipeline.
- Internal: SEA/AP Vision Care Leaders, Marketing, Professional Affairs, Regional Associates, HCC, Legal, Quality, Regulatory and enabling functional leaders
- External: Regional Optical Chains, Business Owners, Eye Care Professionals, industry key stakeholders
- Leads the annual business and financial planning and ensuring purposeful objectives are set and developed.
- Leads and shapes Malaysia strategy in support of the regional and country’s strategic, brand and business plan to grow category and market share.
- Lead direct reporting teams towards the execution of category and connected commerce go-to-market approach to drive market leading growth and deliver against business goals.
- Ensures right resourcing and investments to support building in-market capabilities, especially relating to connected commerce.
- Understand industry landscape, customer objectives, shopper, consumer and category trends to optimize plans and business opportunities so as to engage with major customers and support market teams for implementation of aligned business goals.
- Leads, participates in top-to-top management business reviews with major customers, providing a consolidated view of global, regional and country implications and opportunities.
- Builds strong customer and internal stakeholder relationships to develop the joint business efforts to a higher level of collaboration and growth, facilitating for Johnson & Johnson to become preferred partner of choice.
- Ensures team activities and programs are healthcare compliant and Credo based with key focuses on customer sell-through and maintenance of healthy trade inventory.
- Leads and sharpens commercial strategies, go-to-market capabilities and provides coaching to grow organizational capability, bench strength and pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree and above.
- Minimum 10 years of customer engagement experience across sales/key accounts, in-market operations, regional management, and marketing
- Proven track record of Strategic Account Management and has a good grasp of marketing and category management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with strong ability to influence.
- Strong leadership and ability to influence across teams and reporting lines.
- A Strategic thinker with a strong commercial acumen and analytical mind who can drive insights-based business model innovation
- Strong Key Stakeholder Management and ability to drive followership
- Global Leadership (think global/regional, act local) Orientation and ability to drive high performance, simplicity in a complex environment
- Experience in retail, connected commerce
- Results and Performance Driven
- Preferred (as an Added Advantage) Eye care, retail and health care industry knowledge
- Strong business development experience and track record