DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson, the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world is recruiting for a Capital Equipment Associate in the Birmingham, Alabama region.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
At Mitek Sports Medicine, we are passionate about getting patients back to their passion. As a global leader in orthopaedic sports medicine, we develop minimally invasive devices and non surgical products used in the treatment of joint injuries related to sports and physical activity, as well as degenerative tissue conditions.
If you have ever wondered about the intricacies of surgical procedures or considered a career path in medical device sales, this is the role for you. Our team of Capital Equipment Associate’s support Capital Equipment Sales Managers and medical device sales teams in the area of Sports Medicine. They are trained on the devices used in orthopaedic and other minimally invasive surgical procedures that include; arthroscopy, laparoscopy, ENT, and more. This role provides a unique opportunity to learn the ropes of the medical device industry while gaining valuable experience to develop your skillset into a medical device role.
The overall responsibilities of the Capital Equipment Associate position include providing Capital Equipment clinical and selling support in hospital and Ambulatory Surgical settings as set forth below, while ensuring customer service, sales logistics, technical expertise, and product knowledge of the highest order / level. Support sales process and objectives, drive capital equipment evaluation and installation activities, and provide capital equipment technical support for our customers and Surgical Sales team counterparts.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist client’s sales organization in supporting Capital Equipment product conversions with new customers, while retaining and supporting further penetration with existing customers. Assist in the attainment of established sales goals including market share and business execution objectives in prescribed territory. Apply knowledge of sales process, product portfolio and customer knowledge to improve sales outcomes
• Guide and assist surgeons in the operating room through their clinical and Capital Equipment product knowledge. Use his / her product knowledge to present, demonstrate, and ensure accurate utilization of client’s products.
• Supporting customers by attending surgeries, assuring that the proper equipment is available and performing
• Troubleshoot and provide other technical assistance; handle customer and Surgical Sales team requests, provide in-services and training, perform field upgrades and equipment service.
• Share key customer, procedural and marketplace insights with other sales, clinical, marketing and strategic account teams to improve on solutions / service levels. Prepare sales reports and documents as required.
• Provide Operating Room and Sterile Processing Department consultation
• Maintenance, tracking and effective deployment of equipment, and assets throughout assigned area ensuring product availability. Ensure all promotional materials are maintained in a presentable manner. Ensure client’s services and offering meet the highest quality standards
• Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of integrity, ethics and compliance at all times.
• Analyze product performance and gain insights around engagements in customer facilities focused on optimizing the performance of products (both capital and consumables products), as well as optimize environments in which our products are used.
• Focus on customer satisfaction and retention; and improving the customers’ insights into client’s tangible and non-tangible value proposition and solutions. Differentiate products versus competition by providing the customer unique insights.
• Participate and support in the commercialization / implementation of client’s new products and solutions with customer.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
One of the following:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college required OR:
• Associates Degree AND 2 years relevant experience (Orthopedic Sales or disciplines focused on clinical/surgical/EMT/Nursing/Physical Therapy/Rehabilitation, other patient focused field/Hospital environments or equivalent) OR:
• 4 years or relevant experience in lieu of education requirement OR:
• Certified Surgical Technician, or highly specialized selling / medical training or certification (e.g. Medical Sales College)/medical training or certification (such as in the areas of sports or athletic training/physical therapy/rehabilitation) AND 2 years of relevant work experience OR:
• Recently transitioned from Active Duty Military
• The ability to work in a lab/operating room environment.
• A valid driver's license issued in the United States
• The ability to travel which may include weekend and/or overnight travel.
• Residence in or ability to relocate to the assigned territory.
• Strong interpersonal communication, negotiation, influencing, critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
• Experienced in data analysis and have excellent problem-solving skills
• Results orientation/sense of urgency – ability to drive to tight timelines
• Internal and external customer focus
• Ability to work independently and autonomously
• Ability to work in matrix and team structure
• High level of attention to detail
• Proven track record of understanding, interpreting, communicating and working in a complex environment
• Understanding of human anatomy and physiology
• Strong technical product knowledge of surgical instruments, procedures, protocols and solutions preferred
• Required to work in a clinical setting near radiation equipment, ability to lift 50 lbs. and wear protective gear (i.e. lead aprons).
• Ability to travel 50-75% of the time
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.