Johnson and Johnson Vision (JJV) is currently recruiting for a STAFF SOFTWARE ENGINEER in Irvine, CA.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision , we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com . Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
The Staff Software Engineer will make vital contributions to the Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision New Product Development (NPD) pipeline and transform patient care through innovation. This position is responsible for working with our NPD teams to design and develop product software for use in cutting edge medical devices and associated capital equipment. Candidates must be self-motivated, independent and have an eagerness to learn and work as a team and a desire to thrive. Be open to learning about the science behind Ocular Surface Disease (OSD) and combine it with Software Engineering to build and support a great portfolio of OSD products. You are expected to demonstrate sophisticated engineering knowledge, be able to independently resolve approaches to difficult technical problems and communicate broadly across engineering teams.
Are you interested in an excellent opportunity to be a key contributor to bringing exciting new products to market while also providing the opportunity for professional growth? Apply today!
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop and deliver robust and safe embedded software for medical devices, from the concept phase and research through design, coding, simulation, testing, integration and debugging, to manufacturing and post-launch support
- Collaborate with engineers in mechanical, electrical, firmware, test, and other fields to build innovative solutions and ensure requirements and specifications are met
- Help plan projects - scope, budgets, and timelines - and write requirements and test protocols
- Demonstrate leadership and expertise in embedded software development especially for failure mode effects analysis (FMEA) and patents
- Document the design of your software, coordinate code reviews, and participate in the formal release process for medical devices satisfying quality and regulatory requirements
- Live J&J's Credo by demonstrating a dedication to environmental and safety goals, polices, and procedures.
BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field is required.
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of dynamic software development experience.
- At least one full software development cycle from concept to commercial release.
- Strong C/C++ coding skill.
- Windows OS configuration and management experience
- Experience with using Qt framework and QML, and automated unit tests
- Experience with sophisticated embedded software development with multiple modules in different language platforms.
- Experience with software development tools, version control, communication protocols, and development process.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to mentor/teach others on the team
- Experience in heavy regulated industry/environment
- Medical device experience (IEC 62304).
- Prior experience in implementing product security at architecture level is highly preferred
- Complex algorithms development
- Experience in Window 10 embedded, how to build disk images and install OS using disk images
- Prior experience in enforcing security configurations on Windows 10 (e.g. enabling firewall, disabling unnecessary ports)
- This position is located in Irvine, CA and may require up to 20% travel, especially to the San Jose area.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.