About Johnson & Johnson
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Finance teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
What is the Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP)?
The Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is a 3 years global program focused on developing future leaders in Finance. To accomplish this mission, participants in the FLDP are placed in positions where they will be challenged, learning core accounting and financial analysis. FLDP participants will have the opportunity to learn and demonstrate leadership skills in areas such as teamwork, risk-taking, and initiative, while demonstrating their core values and adherence to the Johnson & Johnson Credo.
Most FLDP participants rotate through one 24 months and one 12-months assignment at various companies within Johnson & Johnson. During the rotations, FLDP participants will be exposed to various parts of the finance function that could include, but not limited to, Business Unit Finance, Accounting, Tax, Supply Chain and R&D Finance. Each assignment provides an excellent learning experience and an opportunity for FLDP participants to utilize their leadership skills and bring new perspectives for change and process improvement to the J&J companies. Being an FLDP participant exposes you to an expanded network of contacts.
Prior to the program training start, FLDP’s will receive up to 12 months of “on the job” onboarding. FLDP offers 5 weeks of in-person training with all global program participants at our J&J World HQ in the US (COVID protocols permitting) during the 3-year program to assist in the development of our future leaders. The courses are taught and led by internal J&J management as well as external instructors. In training, the FLDP class enhances their written and oral presentation skills, problem-solving techniques, analytical skills, leadership skills and much more. Overall, training covers areas that are critical to success at Johnson & Johnson, and gives the FLDP participants an opportunity to gain the skills necessary to become leaders for tomorrow.
If you’re a dynamic and driven individual with a record of achievement and demonstrated leadership potential, we invite you to explore opportunities for accelerated development with FLDP.
- Understanding complex and dynamic business environments through interactions with business leaders
- Acquire systems knowledge and technical expertise in widely used financial planning and reporting software (SAP, TM1, Anaplan, etc)
- Master inter-personal and strategic skills through working with cross- functional teams in various businesses and disciplines
- Establish a broad base of knowledge and relationships, including interaction with senior management
- On-the-job coaching and performance feedback from supervisors & coaching from personal mentors, program leaders, and program champions at each company
- Build a solid record of job performance, gain a very broad view of our companies, and discover opportunities across our businesses
- Eligible for a one-time bonus for recognized finance and accounting accreditation
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Finance, Accounting & Controlling, Business Administration or Economics). Degrees in fields related to Analytics and Statistics may be considered and/or a clear and demonstrable interest in Finance.
- Sarbanes Oxley experience and CPA, CMA, or other financial certification is preferred. For those without financial certifications, J&J is committed to investing in related training & certification costs to help employees reach these certifications
Experience & Skills
- 1-3 years of full-time finance or accounting experience is required (not including internships, apprenticeships), MNCs & Big 4 accounting firm experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency (e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint) and/or prior experience with data analytics & reporting software (e.g. SAP, TM1, Anaplan, Tableau) will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to work through ambiguity and process design & improvement experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated track-record in influencing business partners with fact-based data and managing change through the use of strong communication skills (verbal, written) including presentations.
- Ability to present complex information and analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven time management skills and able to multi-task effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a commitment to excellence and integrity.
- This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Proficiency in both English and Japanese is a must. TOEIC score is required and 850+ would be a plus.
- Authorization to work in Japan on a permanent, full time basis is required.