Janssen Biotech, Inc. is recruiting for an Instrument Calibration Technician to be located in Malvern, Pennsylvania.
- This role is eligible for a $3,000 sign-on bonus for qualified/eligible candidates
- Shift Differential and Overtime Pay (Depending on the designated work schedule)
- Relocation Package offered for qualified/eligible candidates
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Biotech, Inc. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position is responsible for performing Metrology/Calibration procedures and the execution of scheduled tasks within a cGMP environment. Applicant will be maintaining the highest standards in compliance within company policies, procedures and all applicable regulations. Additionally, will be responsible for encouraging site pride and J&J citizenship.
- Execute calibration and repair of instrumentation used in cGMP and non GMP systems and maintain all calibration standards
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and provides repairs to equipment, instruments and instrumentation systems as assigned
- Working knowledge of equipment including, but not limited to PLC control systems and HMI’s
- Familiarity with electrical theory, thermal energy principals, mechanical maintenance techniques, and electromechanical theory.
- Carries out all duties in compliance with all company, state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA, DEA and TSA.
- Ensures regulatory and job training remains current by promptly completing required training
- Independently performs duties
- Independently troubleshoots and resolves complex problems;
- Identifies gaps in processes,
- Retrieves and analyzes data from sources such as control systems;
- Recommends and leads, and implements improvements
- May lead small departmental projects and serve as subject matter expert on project teams
- May assist in training other associates as needed
- Complies with all company and/or site policies and procedures
- Complete all GMP documentation to support Maintenance activities and supply legible and complete documentation of work orders as required
- Participate in PM development and optimization
- Order basic supplies as needed
- Participate in Maintenance projects as required including but not limited to Root Cause Analysis, FMEA’s, and Non- Conformance investigations
- Support “Operator Asset Care” program for manufacturing areas
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new skills as required
- Is available for other duties as required
- This is not an exhaustive or comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two (2) years Biotech/Pharmaceutical or regulated industry experience is prefered.
- Trade / Technical School certification or Certification in Craft required. Military equivalent of Trade / Technical School certification is accepted.
- At least 3 years of related industrial experience
- Works independently on routine and complex issues
- Serves as technical expert within area of expertise and has conceptual and basic working knowledge of maintenance disciplines outside technical expertise;
- Is aware of and understands departmental and site level operations
- Experience with Electronic Batch records is preferred.
- Basic mechanic and electrical skills are preferred.
- Troubleshooting knowledge is highly preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge is required. Knowledge in SAP is preferred.
- Must interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must follow detailed procedures and work instructions in a GMP environment.
- Ability to make innovation part of the site agenda and be an active driver of innovation; think outside of the box and challenge others to do the same is required.
- Take on practical problems and deal with myriad concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Requires availability to work in Malvern, PA.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb, bend and stoop; and reach with hands and arms.
- Position requires ability to lift up to 20 lbs. and to perform gowning procedures to work in manufacturing core.
- Amenable to work on 1 st or 2 nd shifts (flexible as needed).
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.