At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Robotics & Digital Solutions, a part of Ethicon, Inc. is looking for a UI/UX Design Co-Op. This position is located in Santa Clara, California.
At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. We are comprised of three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing team in the San Francisco Bay Area (Santa Clara). You’ll contribute to breakthrough medical technologies that advance medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
As a UI/UX Design Co-Op, you will join an engaged, multi-disciplinary team consisting of UX, visual, and industrial designers working on the high-profile, surgical robotics platform, OTTAVA™. We are passionate about harnessing design in a collaborative environment to craft compelling experiences for nurses and physicians. Are you motivated by finding elegant ways to tackle interaction and communication design challenges? Do you enjoy both the raw, creative exploration but also the focused activity of bringing your designs into pixel-perfect production? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
- Learn about the sophisticated and captivating industry of surgical robotics and the day-to-day challenges of operating room teams.
- Generate workflow and journey maps in a clear and visually compelling way to communicate UX intent.
- Be mentored by some of the best UX, interaction, and visual designers in the industry.
- Contribute to UI/UX concepts for various aspects of the surgical robotics experience.
- Build concepts for digital experiences and bring them to life for both internal teams and external users to interact with.
- Pitch your ideas and contributions to the design team to hone your visual storytelling skills.
- A portfolio of design work that conveys your stellar UI/UX sensibility and attention to detail.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate-level design program at a college or university.
- Available for a 6-month Co-Op experience from January through July 2023.
- An interest in exploring the industry of MedTech and surgical robotics.
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting, but also focus and work independently.
- Proficient in English.
Experience and Skills
- Junior or Senior or equivalent level at your enrolled university or college.
- Must maintain student status throughout the Co-Op. Cannot graduate before or during Co-Op.
- Proficient in Figma and prototyping tools like Principle or Protopie.
- A generative approach to designing - creating several options to evaluate.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.