As the world's largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we impact more than a billion lives through the innovation happening at 260+ companies located in 60 countries around the world. Teams from Johnson & Johnson’s consumer business are improving quality of life by creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals are using AI to discover lifesaving drugs. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
Who is Janssen? Simply put, we’re people; more than 35,000 working hard to treat, cure, stop and prevent some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time — from autoimmune diseases, hematology, oncology, HIV, mental disorders and heart disease. We believe that challenging something is the best way to change it. So, every day, in more than 150 countries, we bring together cutting-edge science and the most creative minds in the industry to think differently about how diseases are treated and prevented. We aim not only to innovate but also to empower people with the tools they need to make informed decisions and achieve the best possible results for their health. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it .
Senior Finance Business Partner – Janssen Austria
Janssen Austria is recruiting a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Business Unit Finance team based in Vienna, Austria. You will be responsible for supporting one or more therapeutic areas and be an integral part of a $300 million business growing strongly in the next years. This is a great opportunity to support a successful, dynamic and diverse operating company!
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, hematology, immunology, neuroscience, pulmonary hypertension and infectious diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen is a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson (J&J), where we are “Creating a future where disease is a thing of the past.”
Your Key Responsibilities:
- To support and drive financial forecasts for each planning cycle for your area of responsibility, ensuring accuracy, credibility, and completeness.
- To be the finance partner for some of our Business Units, to challenge, advise and support them in their product investments, scenario planning and business cases – having full scope across their sales and spending.
- To provide insightful analysis to explain deviations in our financial performance.
- To monitor expenses and resource allocation, where you can provide insights to enable your business leads to make agile decisions across the organization that can drive growth.
- To manage monthly and quarterly closing cycle, ensuring compliance, accuracy, and timely submissions.
- To ensure all business partners have appropriate finance knowledge to enable accurate, timely, complete, and appropriate initiation of financial transactions such as accruals, prepayments, and purchase order goods receipts.
- To work as a team player across an international environment with the various Finance teams like the transactional and accounting teams in our Prague Global Services hub, the tax team and others.
- To contribute to an engaging, collaborative, mindful Business Unit Finance team having a Finance Architect mindset - constructive challenging and looking for value creating growth opportunities.
- To co-create on ad-hoc projects within the local team and/or regional Finance teams.
- To ensure compliance with the J&J financial, HCC and business conduct procedures and drive accountability throughout the organization.
- University Degree and/or equivalent finance certification.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of pharmaceutical / commercial finance experience highly desirable
- Strong business partnering skills; customer oriented and strategic mindset
- Proactive approach; desire for continuous improvement, simplification, and innovation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, both written and verbally
- Ability to independently drive deliverables forward, but work well within a team environment
- Able to create a positive atmosphere of trust and mutual respect
- Results oriented with strong prioritization skills and a high sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain accuracy and be calm under pressure
- Curious mindset with a desire to learn
- Analytical and able to work with complexity and large amounts of data.
- MS Office high proficiency especially Excel and BW, Qlik, SAP.
- Fluent English language skills required
- Fluent German language skills desirable
- Position requires max. 10% travel (within Europe)
For this position we offer a gross annual salary of at least 63.500 EUR (plus applicable variables and benefits). There is a willingness to overpay, depending on professional qualifications and experience.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The promotion and development of our employees are key values of our corporate culture. People who want to develop their potential in an international company and grow with their tasks will find the best conditions with us. In addition to intensive initial training and needs-oriented continuing education, excellent development opportunities - both nationally and internationally - as well as attractive remuneration and above-average social benefits are important elements for our employees. Furthermore, our Group is characterized by measures to promote young talent and careers in harmony with family and career.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo. We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences. That is why we in Germany are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.