Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Senior Controls Engineer, Automation & Controls, to be located in Jacksonville, FL!
At Johnson & Johnson Vision , we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
The Senior Controls Engineer will perform a wide variety of engineering functions for Automation & Controls, which includes applying technical knowledge involving automation and controls as well as supporting the introduction of new equipment and/or products into a fully automated environment. Work in a 24x7 regulated and audited manufacturing environment. Tasks include ensuring equipment meets company specifications, timelines, and capital budgets. The engineer will also take a primary position in directing sub-contractors from beginning of design process through installation and start-up processes, serve as a resource to other engineering departments in the facility, and advocate for continuous improvement of technology and process in a compliant manner.
- Independently plans and conducts small to medium-size assigned projects within engineering specialty requiring conventional types of plans, investigations, and/or equipment. Considers cost, scope, and schedule of the project.
- Lead multiple, often concurrent projects and meets targets.
- Anticipates strategic directions, Benchmarks internally and externally.
- Qualifies new equipment controls and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet appropriate and applicable engineering/government standards.
- Coordinates and acts as SME/SPOC for sophisticated service requests primarily within the production environment.
- Improves methods/designs/processes. Recognizes and implements good ideas, innovations, and costs reductions. Consistently generates and adopts creative solutions to problems. Implement other's design ideas for the improvement of the organization.
- Aligns with all regulations and standards for quality, Environmental, Health, Safety and Energy (EHS&E)
- Identify areas of risk with respect to compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with automated controls systems in a highly automated, regulated manufacturing environment
- Project management, change engagement, and the ability to work optimally leading alignment through strong communication and empowerment are desirable traits
- Extensive experience programming, integrating and troubleshooting PLC, HMI, and Enterprise platforms in a high-speed discrete manufacturing environment is required
- Knowledge of Rockwell Automation Studio 5000 and FactoryTalkView SE
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess solid organizational and prioritization skills
- This position requires a highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to work at the in Jacksonville, FL site & travel up to 10% domestic and international
- Advanced Degree
- Prior experience in a GxP environment within the medical device or FDA-regulated industry
- Knowledge of Siemens S7, Siemens APT, Wonderware InTouch, Wonderware Industrial Application Server
- Experience with motion control (servo systems, robotics, etc), Domino laser printing, Cognex vision systems, fieldbus communications (Profibus, DeviceNet, etc), robotics (e.g. SCARA, web), BCR, RFID systems and Safety PLCs
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.