Johnson & Johnson Inc. is recruiting Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors and or graduate students for 2023 Spring/Fall Co-Ops or 2023 Summer internship within Johnson & Johnsons Quality & Compliance (Q&C) organization. Positions located in the United States. Onsite or remote working accommodations will be determined based on role and business need.
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
When you join our family, you will work on projects that improve your leadership, analytical, and project management skills. Cross-functional teamwork provides an opportunity to partner with a variety of people in the organization across all our sectors; Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Corporate/Enterprise. We offer an interactive team environment, where your capabilities and skills will be developed to build a strong career foundation.
Quality & Compliance Overview
At J&J quality professionals work across all sectors and come in many guises from the generalist to the specialist. Some are concerned with the creation or making of products, while some are part of delivery of products and services. Our Q&C roles offer breadth and depth allowing for growth and development in different areas. Q&C professionals are dedicated to protecting and strengthening our organizations by making sure that stakeholders’ needs are met – and ideally, that their expectations are exceeded. At a strategic level, Q&C is involved with governance where they make sure the organization is complaint and translates its objectives into outcomes. They’re also focused on increasing efficiency, reducing risk, dealing with compliance, solving problems, and employing process improvement tools such as Six Sigma in the products to ensure we meet stakeholder needs.
Quality and Compliance is an important component in the success of J&J as it ensures our companies produce services and products consistently and effectively in addition to meeting global regulations to support our customers healthcare needs. J&J Supply Chain encompasses the quality and compliance organization across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. This model enables strategic supply chain decision-making across our companies, while keeping quality embedded in our sectors and connected to our businesses, close to our respective markets and customers. All functions that “plan, source, make and deliver” our products – are part of J&J Supply Chain. Process begins at raw component sourcing to end-product distribution with high quality, compliance, and service performance. Our technologically advanced corporate environment focuses on developing individuals in building their skillset in areas like business, engineering, and science.
Life as a Q&C Co-Op or Intern
University hires play an important role in enhancing our business. We plan to hire various disciplines within our organization for Spring/Fall 2023 Co-ops or Summer 2023 Internships. The co-op program provides each student with real-life hands-on experience, coaching and mentoring, networking opportunities, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country. Each role will be assigned to a single function with a specific project based on duration of role. Role duration for interns are typically 12-weeks while and co-ops assignments are a 6-month term.
- Spring Co-op typical term is January – June, Fall Co-ops typical term is May/June - December and Internship terms typically are May to August (dates are flexible)
- Some teams may offer an extended co-op/internship term
- Assignment may be virtual/remote, while other business critical roles will be onsite and may require relocation
- Assignment area and work-site location will be matched to business needs
- Some roles may offer one-time housing stipend assistance if you are assigned to work onsite
- For roles that require you to work on site, transportation is the student’s responsibility
- Pay rate is determined based on the grade level at time of offer. Undergrad Sophomore $22.00/hr., Undergrad Junior $23.50/hr., Undergrad Senior $24.50/hr., pursuing master’s degree $28.50/hr., pursuing PhD $40/hr.
- This position is overtime eligible
- Career mentorship is available with endless networking opportunities within assigned team and beyond
- Employee may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs, such as medical benefits, sick time, and holiday pay, in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans
- For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Available Co-op/Internship Areas
- Quality Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Project Management
- Scientific Computing
- Data Science
- Data Analytics, Data Management, Statistics
- Technical Writing
- Customer Quality Investigation
- Software testing, hardware
- Programming/Database management
- Documentation Management
- Intelligent Automation
While locations/facilities have been aligned to our Internships and Co-Ops positions, assignments could be virtual due to the uncertainties of COVID-19.
High Volume Locations:
- New Jersey (Bridgewater, Piscataway, Princeton, Somerville, Somerset, Raritan, Titusville, Skillman, New Brunswick)
- Pennsylvania (Fort Washington, Lancaster, West Chester, Spring House, Malvern, Lititz, Horsham)
- Georgia (Athens. Cornelia)
- Massachusetts (Bridgewater, Raynham)
Alternative Locations: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Mexico, Ohio, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin
Desired Majors :
- Arts & Sciences: i.e. Biology, Microbiology, Math, English, Communications, Supply Chain Management, Chemistry, Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, Biostatistics, Environmental Science
- Engineering : i.e. Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Industrial, Biomedical, Information Systems: (i.e. Data Analytics, Database Management, System administration, analyst, etc.), Computer Science, Data Science, Technology
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now, or in the future (ex. H1-B)
- Candidate must be actively enrolled in an accredited University for the duration of a co-op assignment pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or MBA
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 is required
- Completion of Undergraduate Freshmen year at accredited University is required
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op/Internship.
- Ability to provide transportation to/from the work location if on-site work is required.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills is required
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and leadership skills are preferred
- Ability to balance multiple projects and initiatives while executing results
- Must be a self-starter who works independently while contributing to the team goals
- Proven leadership/participation with campus programs and/or community service activities
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#jnjqualityandcompliance #internship #jnjcoop #jnjundergraduate #jnjengineering #jnjscience