Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. Our Family of Companies comprises: The world’s premier consumer health company. The world’s largest and most diverse medical devices company. The world’s third-largest biologics company. And the world’s sixth-largest pharmaceuticals company. We have more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 120,200 people.
Take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s fastest growing consumer companies. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Nicorette®, Neutrogena®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans make this a great place to further your career
Position Summary :
We now have a great opportunity for a Senior Brand Manager to join our Consumer business to lead an exciting NPD launch for Nicorette®, our largest J&J Northern Europe brand. You’ll be shaping innovation that supports our brand mission to help smokers to break free from tobacco and nicotine dependencies and working in a team that’s passionate about helping people live healthier lives. You will be responsible for the implementation of this launch and the associated consumer marketing plans. You will work closely with the cross-functional Squad and global franchise partners to create and execute a launch that delights our consumers through the Path to Purchase.
- Apply in-depth understanding of consumer and marketplace dynamics to pursue brand development and new categories/brands
- Strong digital acumen and ability to execute consumer centric digital strategy
- Ecom first thinking, with ability to shape go to market strategy for an innovative solution outside of category norms
- Ability to lead a cross functional team through complexity and ambiguity and think differently to solve problems creatively
- Applies working knowledge of brand strategies and brand building tactics to lead development and execution of 1 year brand plans for a brand or portfolio of brands.
- Working knowledge of competitive price elasticity models and brand tiers to assist in forming robust RRP recommendations. Develop strong cross-functional relationships to lead delivery of complex projects at country/ cluster level
- Strong knowledge of the brand P&L and its components to determine implications of marketing decisions on brand profitability and build business cases for internal approval
- Draws on knowledge and experience of key drivers of demand forecast to address key components and accuracy of forecasting in partnership with Supply Chain
- Strong analytical capabilities to lead business performance analysis to identify issues and opportunities and build action plans for the cross-functional Squad
- Develop your brand strategy and execute with perfection
- Lead local cross functional squad to launch strategically important NPD for UK and / or Ireland/Nordics markets to ensure flawless execution.
- Define product positioning and claims for NPD in partnership with global franchise, regulatory & medical, representing the local consumer & market
- Shape and execute local GTM plans in line with global strategy, driving digital first mindset and co-creating disruptive launch plans with priority customers
- Support global franchise in developing distinctive packaging that drives cut through on the digital shelf and in store
- Own launch activation – Adapt & execute global asset toolkits across comms, ecommerce (and in-store) and develop consumer-centric activation ecosystem to deliver a seamless digital experience
- Represent local insights and needs to continuously optimise and improve the product
- Drive data driven culture and focus on success metrics to embody a test, learn, iterate mentality
- Lead the creation of innovative and effective campaigns to grow sales & market share in your Brand across UK/Ireland/ Nordics
- Work with media partners to identify and implement media optimisations and test & learns
- Work closely with commercial teams to implement commercial initiatives to drive profitability.
- Lead external agency relationships and ensure work is delivered on time and within budget.
- Work closely with rest of our brand marketing teams to drive harmonies across brand & demonstrate insights.
- To champion your brand within the broader organisation.
Education and Experience:
- Educated to Degree Level
- Strong digital acumen and experience and knowledge across ecommerce
- Experience working on mobile apps or digital products would be advantageous
- Commercial understanding with strong financial acumen in the UK market
- Understanding of P&L development
- Can do attitude, with the ability to influence and work in a collaborative way
- Proven implementation ability
- Proactive and results driven
- Good Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence both upwards and downwards
- Flexibility to adapt plans/challenges as they arise
- Brand Management experience in an FMCG environment.
What type of mark will you make?
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to creative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. With good career development opportunities, we are the world's sixth largest consumer company and can demonstrate an excellent range of benefits. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move you'll make.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident .