Abiomed, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Production Associate II – Second Shift located in Woburn, MA.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
Micro-assembly work. Work with a highly skilled team to assemble and test Fiber Optic Pressure Sensors. Team members will work with both electro-mechanical and fiber optic components.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiency in 50% of fiber optic sensor assembly operations requiring:
- Handling 0.1 mm optical fiber
- Removing fiber sheathing using chemicals
- Optical Connector/Ferrule attach using epoxy
- Connector/Ferrule polishing and inspection
- Cleaning of optical components
- Use of precision scale, chemical dispensing and automated mixing equipment
- Using tweezers to position, align and assemble 0.2 mm optical sensor to 0.1 mm optical fiber while working under a microscope
- Perform chemical tuning of optical sensor to performance criteria
- Positioning and bonding of 0.3 mm diameter tube to +/- 0.025 mm placement using tweezers and microscopes
- Utilizing calibrated instruments, measurement equipment, microscopes, and test fixtures to test and inspect fiber optic components
- Capability to perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of vacuum test fixtures
- Accurate data collection, data entry and data review using electronic travelers
- Maintain clean room integrity by using proper attire and adherence to clean room environment practice and procedures
- Detail oriented with experience in precise alignment of optical components while working under a microscope is required
- Great hand-eye coordination and dexterity skills for assembling very small components under a microscope is required
- 5+ years of related work experience desired
- High School graduate or equivalent manufacturing experience required
- Ability to read, write, and speak English is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel is required
- Expertise working with Fiber Optics is a plus
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.