Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is recruiting for Sr. Embedded Software Test Engineer. This position is located in Danvers, Massachusetts.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
We are currently hiring for a Software Test Engineer with experience in embedded systems testing. The candidate is responsible for verifying and validating the performance-enhancing software used in ABIOMED’s family of products. We are looking for a motivated and energetic self-starter with a "make it happen" attitude who can thrive in a fast-paced, cutting-edge environment.
- Design, develop and execute manual test cases and protocols to verify software system design.
- Collaborate with software developers & other engineers to further enhance the capabilities of the test automation framework.
- Collaborate with DevOps engineers to create new Jenkins jobs, test setup, and pipelines for continuous integration testing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and technicians to design and develop test fixtures.
- B.S. in computer science or electrical engineering; M.S. preferred.
- 3+ years of manual testing experience on an embedded product.
- Experience in Python and windows shell programming.
- Working knowledge of using an oscilloscope, multimeter, and other software debugging tools.
- Prior experience in designing fixtures and tools for test automation.
- Familiarity with the behavior-driven software development & automation testing.
- Familiarity with Jira, Jenkins, Jama, and other DevOps applications.
- Experience in the medical device industry is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of cardiovascular physiology would be a big PLUS.
- Willing to travel 5% of the time to meet with customers to assess product performance in the field and gather user needs.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and explore new technologies.
- Independent, efficient, and able to manage competing priorities.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.