Johnson & Johnson Corporate Headquarters is seeking a Lead Compliance Auditor to support the Global Audit & Assurance (GA&A) group located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $83.6 billion in 2023 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for pharmaceutical and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
This role will perform valuable services to our audit clients in areas that involve:
• Reviews of processes and controls to help ensure J&J operating companies and related third parties are in compliance with FCPA, HCC and GCC guidelines and regulations.
• Investigations of potential violations of Johnson & Johnson business conduct, expense reporting, financial statement, or other policies.
• Other types of financial, compliance and operational audits or special projects as required.
• Communicates clearly to management, staff, and peers both verbally and in writing.
• Communicates effectively with upper levels of management and leadership as needed.
• Works directly with attorneys, compliance personnel and key external partners.
• Fosters a culture of openness, teamwork, and a positive work environment.
• Partners well with internal and external stakeholders and is viewed by stakeholders as a reliable “contact point” for the engagement.
• Ability to function effectively in a cross-functional and multi-cultural audit team/organization.
• Works independently and with limited supervision or guidance.
• Makes decisions while on site with the assistance of the Job Manager.
• Supervises and / or mentors audit staff (internal, external or co-sourced).
• Manages multiple priorities concurrently without sacrificing quality.
• Manages in ambiguous situations and ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
• Ability to proactively identify, lead and help implement special projects (technical and non-technical) related to audit process, analytics, process improvement, etc.
• Understands and applies the technical aspects of the audit and possesses the technical skills sufficient to mitigate risk.
• Leads and plans an audit or investigation with some input from the Job Manager. This includes assessing risk, selecting areas to audit, deciding on the nature of testing, the sequence of audit work, assisting in writing the audit report, presenting findings, and citing relevant HCBI/HCC guidance as needed, etc.
• Writes and interprets audit programs that focus on the appropriate business risks.
• Writing Audit Reports
• Continually seeks to advance both individual and team technical knowledge with groundbreaking audit techniques and procedures to provide improved services.
• Demonstrates ability to analyze and interpret data to develop insights and strategic feedback.
• Demonstrates strong business sense and big-picture orientation to help deliver results.
• Develops and is open to new insights and approaches. Challenges the status quo and demonstrates an external mentality.
• Flexible in terms of work to be performed and initiates and / or embraces change.
• Helps to drive innovation and adoption of new technologies, techniques and tools, e.g., data analytics.
• Demonstrates prudent risk taking with the ability to combine innovation with current business processes to yield results.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, a degree in Accounting, Finance or other business disciplines is preferred. Other degrees will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• A professional certification (CIA, CPA, CMA, or CFE) is preferred.
• A minimum of 4 years of relevant business experience is required.
• Prior business experiences in the areas of financial audits, Anti-corruption and Anti-bribery audits or investigations are preferred.
• Big 4 accounting/auditing experience preferred.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (i.e. Pivot Tables, Formulas, VLOOKUP functions) is preferred.
• This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 25% of domestic and international travel.
The base pay range for this position is $88,000 - $142,600.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.