Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicines is recruiting for a Co-Op in the B ioassay Methods Development group located in Malvern, PA.
At Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicines, we are working to build a world without disease. Redefining lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease encourages us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
The Bioassay Methods Development Co-Op will be responsible for development and implementation of cell-based, binding and immunoassays in support of potency, structure-function and residual impurity assessment. The individual may have the opportunity to evaluate new technologies such as liquid handlers, SPR, and/or automated cell counting devices to support ongoing development.
Key Responsibilities :
- Accurately recording data in a timely manner, including maintenance of detailed records in compliance with applicable GMP, safety, and environmental requirements. The successful candidate will ensure data integrity and protocol compliance.
- Designing, troubleshooting, and completing experiments with minimal direction. Analyzing data, interpreting results, and reporting data in laboratory notebooks. Collaborate with partners to troubleshoot assay problems as they occur.
- Providing status updates to collaborators and optimally communicating project updates to team.
- This is a 6-month position and would require the candidate to be enrolled in a program that supports co-op opportunities.
- The candidate should be rising to Junior or Senior year pursuing a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Cellular and/or Molecular Biology, Pharmacology. Immunology, Biochemistry, or other relevant scientific field. Candidates pursuing a Master's degree or equivalent experience in same subjects may be considered as well.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to operate successfully in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience in development of bioassays, binding assays, and/or immunochemical techniques is helpful.
- Experience with basic laboratory instrumentation such as balances and plate readers is preferred.
- Experience with pipettors and microtiter plates is preferred.
- Prior experience in a GMP environment and experience with laboratory automation is helpful.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.