Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "PatientsFirst!" culture drives our skilled workforce and positive relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to morepatients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a consistent track record forgrowth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
Abiomed is recruiting for an IT Sr. Manager, Enterprise Architecture to join our IT organization supporting our R&D, SC and Commercial functions. Position will be located in our Danvers, MA campus.
This position will be a core member of the Abiomed IT team and will have responsibility for partnering closely with business and product teams to design, develop and maintain future-proof enterprise architecture standards and patterns.
I. Technology Architecture
- Proactively partner with Product teams, J&J Technology Services and other enterprise architects to design scalable, flexible and supportable technical systems that add business value and are aligned with the Abiomed technology strategy as well as enterprise patterns and standards.
- Coordinate and lead an Abiomed Architecture guild, driving architecture engagement throughout the product development, including:
- Design, development, maintenance and socialization of reference architecture patterns.
- Development, approval and enforcement of standards.
- Creation and/or approval of solution designs and modifications.
- Co-design of critical metrics and measurements.
- Evaluation of technologies and partnerships.
- Work with product and platform owners in the creation of multi-year roadmaps that are aligned to established architectural principles and patterns, as well as business strategy.
- Continually evaluate the technology landscape for pioneering and/or ground-breaking technologies that confer a competitive advantage to the business.
- Become a key enabler to drive down the total cost of ownership and complexity across the application landscape.
- Selectively embed with product development teams when strong architecture engagement is required.
II. Application Lifecycle Management
- Continually drive the identification of opportunities for application rationalization to simplify the Abiomed application portfolio with Business Unit IT (BUIT) partners.
- Work with architecture tools and datasets such as MEGA/ALM Dashboards and application inventories to gather, maintain, and effectively use application and technology lifecycle management (ALM, TLM) data.
- Drive the education of application owners to raise awareness on the importance and adoption of ALM standard processes.
- Lead targeted application inventory activities sought at curating the CMDB and engaging technical application owners (TAO) to accurately maintain business services and applications.
- Collaborate with solution leads, technology services, product line owners and other enterprise architects to align the total cost of ownership findings into our annual business planning and portfolio management processes to ensure lifecycle management is incorporated into multi-year investment plans.
III. Global Enterprise Teamwork
- Partner with technology services, product lines, and other enterprise architects within the larger J&J organization to influence enterprise technology strategies and find opportunities for bi-directional leverage across sectors and business units.
- Periodically represent JJV within the global J&J enterprise realm during knowledge sharing activities.
- 8 years of technology experience architecting platforms and solutions in an enterprise context with a consistent track record of success operating in a complex, ambiguous, fast paced environment.
- BA/BS degree in a technical, engineering, or scientific field and 8 years of equivalent business or technology experience is required.
- Hands-on experience with at least several of the following technologies: public/private cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), virtualization, AI/ML, IoT, micro-services, data warehousing and ETL.
- Experience leading technical conversations, workshops and workstreams to consensus/conclusions/actions.
- Proven ability to understand and articulate business requirements, direction, and initiatives, including ability to balance requirements from an enterprise, sector and franchise/region level.
- Ability to translate business strategy into technology strategy within a complex and matrixed environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to translate and transform complex topics into concise architectural diagrams and presentations.
- Strong ability to build and manage relationships at various levels, both inside and outside an organization.
- Knowledge of healthcare processes, data and terminology.
- Experience with system development lifecycle methodology.
- Experience with at least several of the following methodologies: agile, design thinking, Katas, TOGAF and problem-solving methods.
- Experience working in a multi-functional or cross-geographic context.
- Experience working in regulated environment (e.g. GxP, HIPAA, GDPR …).
- Ability to context switch between multiple complex and fast-moving projects while maintaining high quality and rapid delivery.
- 20% Travel
The base pay range for this position is $118,000 to $203,550. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis. Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
Information on benefits can be viewed by following this link: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .