Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for an Injection Molding Operator located in Cornelia, GA.
For over 100 years, Ethicon has stood side by side with healthcare professionals around the world, sharing the same passion to improve and save lives. From the creation of the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures, we are committed to advancing surgical care so that patients live longer, more fulfilling lives. Our surgical technologies and solutions include sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats along with interventional ablation, robotics and digital solutions. We are part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech. Learn more about our company, products, procedure solutions, and latest advancements at www.Ethicon.com .
· Responsible for using equipment for the assembly and processing tasks to produce finished products according to established specifications. Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
· Associate is responsible for setting up/running/monitoring molding machines as well as tearing down and cleaning all molding machines throughout the process. Associates are also responsible for inspecting parts, performing testing, and determining final product disposition. Associates also package and prepare material for shipment to customer site locations. Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
· Responsible for setting up, performing and troubleshooting all aspects of the Injection Molding Ethicon Cornelia site under the direction of the manufacturing facilitator.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
· Sets up production equipment to produce subassemblies or finished products. Ensures production equipment is properly set up.
· Checks products on assembly line to confirm that they are properly assembled and remove defective products.
· Compiles records and reports on quality inspection results.
· Cleans, maintains and performs basic repairs on equipment as needed.
· Schedules maintenance and/or repairs on equipment as directed.
· Prepares accurate records/documentation related to quality, work in progress, test results, and special projects.
· Troubleshoots production problems. Reports and documents unresolved production problems.
· Associate is capable of following directions to make process changes as per specification to machines with support and guidance from senior operators, Specialist, Engineering, or Facilitator.
· Responsible for monitoring equipment through measured checks of pressures and temperatures.
· Able to work with chemicals associated with the process, including Buffer Solution pH, 90% Alcohol, Hydrochloric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Phosphate, Tham, Sodium Chloride, Nitrogen, Antifreeze, and Saturated KCL Solution.
· Associate has the ability to use basic hand tools such as wrenches, pliers, cutters.
· Operate scour tank and change scour tank o-rings, filters and 90% Alcohol.
· Transfer polymer from hopper into portavacs, can polymer, and create labels for storage.
· Perform visual inspections for defects on all molded products using the naked eye (visuals required without magnification) and also under magnification.
· Operate anneal oven.
· Knowledge of GDP for Device History records for department in order to accurately complete verification reviews.
· Knowledge of computer HMI (Human Machine Interface), MES system, and JDE to document process information.
· Operate quality test equipment and correlate testing using test equipment including Instron, in-vitro bath, comparator, and distortion gauge.
· Associate can operate and troubleshoot de-gater used for MITEK parts.
· Associate has ability to use basic problem solving and troubleshooting of mechanical issues and techniques on the job.
· Associate is capable of dis-assembly and cleaning all molding machines throughout process.
· Detail oriented ability to multi-task, simultaneously monitoring process and equipment, perform quality inspections, and package finished parts
· Capable of learning multiple product lines. Ability to follow internal customer requirements (ETHICON) and external customers (DePuy/MITEK)
· Associate is capable of making process changes to all molding machines independently without any intervention from Facilitator or other operators.
· Associate is capable of running development and protocol trials with minimal direction from Engineering.
· Monitor inventories of polymers, work order supplies, and chemicals to ensure continuity of raw material supply
· Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
· For those who supervise or manage a staff, responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition, if applicable
· Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
· Performs other duties assigned as needed
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· High school diploma or G.E.D required.
· Experience in Injection Molding preferred
· Minimum of 1-year experience working in an area demonstrating mechanical aptitude
· Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing principles and practices, and procedures
· Generally, Requires 4-6 Years Work Experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES and AFFILIATIONS
• Intermediate troubleshooting skills.
• Computer and database management skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills.
• Statistical and analytical problems solving.
• Detailed oriented.
• Knowledge of Medical Device requirements.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft WORD, Microsoft EXCEL, and OUTLOOK.
• Good mechanical aptitude.
• Working knowledge of basic hand tools.
• Solid math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Ability to use HMI and data collection software.
• Strong leadership skills.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .