Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (Strategic Customer Group-SCG) is recruiting for an Associate Director of Market Access Strategy for New Products & Business Development (NP&BD) for Oncology. The Associate Director will help to shape Janssen’s scientific pipeline by optimizing for greater access when these therapies launch.
This role is on Janssen’s Value, Access, and Pricing (VAP) team which will integrate key capabilities in the early pipeline to shape success with Market Access (MA) customers in the U.S. market. Given the increasing complexity of the Access environment, the advanced compounds in the Janssen pipeline and the active business development environment, there are critical decisions made early that shape commercial success of compounds. These disruptive innovations require rethinking of value articulation and new considerations on how therapies fit within systems of care.
This position will support and function as a member of the cross-functional U.S. Integrated Strategy Team (IST) which includes NP&BD, VAP, Medical, Brand, and Value & Evidence teams.
The VAP NPBD team advises on all pipeline compounds, line extensions, and indication expansions from discovery through Phase 3 development and label submission. The Associate Director will integrate a Market Access perspective into key pipeline decisions to support optimal payer coverage and patient access for new pipeline products when in market. The Associate Director will have the opportunity to function as the key member on the IST on selected products.
· Support VAP NPBD team in providing market access inputs to the ISTs, through payer and provider market research as well as coordination with SCG including but not limited inline VAP team, Policy team, and Strategy and Ops Team.
· Coordinate with Global Market Access and Global pricing team around planning for key internal milestones and inform stage gate decisions.
· Work with VAP NPBD Director to generate insights to shape evidence strategy for the compound to assess and advise clinical, economic, humanistic evidence strategy to shape early value proposition and commercial plans from an Access perspective.
· Work with VAP NPBD Director to model pricing & contracting to inform business planning & forecasts for both business development assets and new pipeline products and coordinate with global pricing where necessary.
· Lead inputs, planning and transition for at least one asset.
· Support transition to Commercial Launch teams (~18-24 mo. pre-launch)
· Bachelor of Science Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
· Thorough understanding of pharmaceutical product lifecycle from discovery to launch with a minimum of 5 years of combined relevant biopharma experience.
· Data-based strategy & analytical mindset (e.g., market trends, pricing model & GTN assumptions)
· Understanding of the U.S. Market Access environment (e.g., U.S. Payer System, MA Marketing & Field Teams, Value Drivers by Channel or Segment, Pricing & Contracting, Trade & Distribution, Medical vs. Pharmacy Benefits, Reimbursement, Patient Access Services, etc.)
· Experience in working with diverse teams and working cross-functionally (e.g., with Medical Affairs, NP&BD, RWE, Clinical Teams, and V&E)
· Ability to work independently & influence, as needed, with a collaborative leadership style.
· Understanding of the Med Tech industry preferred
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.