COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites Johnson & Johnson. J&J embraces research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance health and well-being. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. J&J has more than 250 companies located in 60 countries around the world.
Who is Janssen?
We’re more than 30,000 people working hard to prevent, treat, cure and stop some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. From heart disease to HIV, Alzheimer’s disease to cancer, we are committed to issues that touch everyone’s lives.
Our Mission and Vision:
Our mission is to transform individual lives and fundamentally change the way diseases are managed, interpreted, and prevented. We believe that challenging something is the best way to change it. So, every day, in more than 150 countries, we bring cutting-edge science and the most creative minds in the industry together to think differently about diseases. We aim not only to innovate, but also to empower people with the tools they need to make informed decisions and achieve the best possible results for their health.
We are looking at a future where the world of healthcare will be challenged by informed and empowered patients. We work for change that will improve access to medicines: the best available treatment at an affordable price. That’s why we at Janssen strive to provide access to effective and affordable medicines and related healthcare services to the people who need them.
The Commercial Lead (Vice President) is responsible for the short-, medium and long-term commercial success of the entire Janssen Germany Oncology and Hematology business unit. A business with total Net Sales above 1.8bn USD with a P&L responsibility for a strongly growing business.
The Commercial Lead is member of the German Management Board, reporting to the Managing Director Janssen Germany and is leading a sizeable team of more than 180 employees.
His or her main responsibilities will include:
- Ensures the short-, medium and long-term growth of the Oncology and Hematology business (BU portfolio and P&L responsibility)
- Influences and co-creates the business strategy on EMEA level and develops the local business strategies in alignment with this
- Defines the strategic and resource allocation priorities on BU level and aligns them with the local strategy as well as with his peer in the Leadership Team supporting the Oncology and Hematology portfolio.
- Drives innovative go to market models and digital transformation.
- Steers and oversees the operational deployment of the Business Unit strategy
- Ensures an alignment within the local Management Board with important internal stakeholders (e.g. Health Economics/Market Access, Medical Affairs, …)
- Represents the Management Board towards important internal and external stakeholders
- Builds an effective team and defines an overarching headcount and people strategy
- Establish and maintains a high performing team of Business Unit Directors and People Leaders
- Leads the Operational Excellence function for the entire Janssen Germany business
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: University Master’s degree in Business Administration / PharmD or Medical Doctor with ideally an MBA or equivalent post-educational degree.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experiences, ideally with significant experience in Oncology/Hematology
- Sales, marketing, and operations knowledge and experience focused on brand and market share growth
- Basic medical-scientific understanding and solid experience in Market Access would be a plus
- Proven skill in building highly collaborative and effective relationships across business units and functions and at all levels of the organization, and developing, inspiring and motivating a high performing culture
- At least 5 years of Leadership experience as Business Unit Director (or comparable) including experience in developing talent and increasing overall bench strength and diversity.
- Demonstrated track record of innovation and successful launches
- Strong track record in managing P&Ls, financials and budgets
- Experience of a complex, matrix, global organization having held roles at affiliate, regional and global levels
- Proven ability to drive change management programs and business model transformation in an evolving external environment
An international experience on top of a strong experience of the German market would be a strong plus.
- Strategic thinking: Is visionary, questions the status quo, wants to constantly improve things
- Persuasiveness: Is able to create followership and inspire others.
- Result Orientation: Puts the customer in the center and strives for excellent solutions. Takes personal ownership for the achievement of business goals.
- Collaboration and Team Building: Motivates and enables others to achieve their results. Focusses on the development of diverse teams and is engaged in talent development and coaching. Invests time and effort in his personal network.
- Big Picture Thinking (without losing the attention to details): Is able to act in "two worlds" in parallel (e.g. growth and cost control), demonstrates entrepreneurial thinking, can focus on details and on the big picture at the same time.
Languages German (fluent), English (fluent)
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. This document is not a contract for employment.