Johnson & Johnson’s Biosense Webster (BWI) division is recruiting for Director, Biosense Webster (BWI) Commercial Operations & Strategic Enablement (COSE). This position will be located in Irvine, California and may require up to 10% domestic travel.
At Biosense Webster, Inc. we have one goal — to ensure those with cardiac arrhythmias can live the lives they want. This means transforming the latest advancements in electrophysiology into a suite of tools that empowers physicians with a range of treatments for the best outcomes.
Quality products and approaches are achievable only through collaboration with the smartest minds in electrophysiology. For more than 30 years, we’ve been the global market leader in the science and technology of cardiac arrhythmia treatment, working with thousands of electrophysiologists to identify and develop diagnostic and treatment tools. And through onsite training, online courses and our global education centers, we work together to set new standards every day. Learn more about Biosense Webster at www.biosensewebster.com.
The Director, Biosense Webster (BWI) Commercial Operations & Strategic Enablement (COSE) plays a critical leadership role within BWI US Commercial organization, and serves as a member of the BWI US Commercial Leadership Team and the Cardiovascular Specialty Solutions (CSS) US COSE leadership team. This position is responsible for leading and managing the commercial operations field facing functions within BWI, which includes customer support, contracting, commercial analytics and incentive compensation. The Director, BWI COSE is responsible for implementing and executing Biosense’ commercial strategies to drive compliant growth. This role requires close and consistent collaboration with US Sales Leadership, Marketing, Legal, Human Resources, Finance, Compliance, and Supply Chain to ensure alignment of priorities as well as ensuring that the direct field selling organization has the appropriate business tools, sales analytics and compensation infrastructure to help drive and achieve business objectives in a compliant manner.
This position is responsible for building a trusting, inclusive, collaborative, and ethical work environment that positively contributes to employee engagement and retention; and forging internal collaboration across the enterprise, proactively seeking out and using external relationships to create effective solutions aligned to business priorities.
- Oversees customer support and contracting solutions:
- Leads and develops a team providing support to the customer-facing teams in the areas of customer support, contract administration and contract performance management.
- Manages the relationship and performance of order to cash service providers including but not limited to J&J Health Care Systems (HCS), Sterilmed, Accounts Receivables/Cash. (internal and external)
- Management of all facets of contract administration including offer development and pricing administration. Closely work with other Contract COEs for contract payment execution and contract performance management.
- Responsible for the management of all facets of pricing administration including Contracts Pricing Committee (CPC), working with Commercial and Finance leaders on strategies.
- Directing associates in the development and implementation of programs, initiatives, and tools that use appropriate metrics and facilitate the accomplishment of commercial sales, service, and marketing goals.
- Partner and support the commercial marketing teams, corporate account teams, in the development and execution of commercial programs, performance management and audit management. Coordinate with marketing and sales to ensure promotional activities and program execution are compliant and executed in a timely manner.
- Provide expert advice and execution on key accounts re: contract strategy, contract management, and at key accounts and IDN/GPO’s.
- When applicable, Third-party vendor management (e.g., governance, contract performance, dispute management)
- When applicable, Inventory management (Samples management, Evaluation, etc.)
- Compliance responsibilities include GCC, HCC and SOX compliance
- Liaise interdepartmentally to collaboratively resolve Customer/Field Sales facing issues
- Ensure service level agreement (SLA) targets are met or exceeded.
- Establishes and manage key performance indicators and metrics.
- Provides services and support on sales planning & analytics which includes the following:
- Lead discussion on results on key metrics and compile national/regional/account monthly dashboards to provide objective insights to the management team to execute on action plans
- Select and define metrics linked to the sales strategy and performance targets
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales performance improvements which includes on-going updates to management on key strategies
- Partner with the commercial business units to prepare and present business reviews at Sales Leadership and Key Sales Business Review Meetings
- Develop and continuously improve sales reports that expedite the execution of key sales activities that will result in improving sales productivity. Coordination with IT, sales, and marketing.
- Partner with Commercial team to develop appropriate commercial strategies to maximize business outcomes.
- Provides services and support in the area of compensation and field deployment which includes the following:
- Develop sales compensation and US field planning solutions; Monitor compensation processes for adherence to requirements and effectiveness of deployment.
- Lead setting metrics and other reporting requirements around sales incentive programs including monthly commissions, rankings, awards, contests and other incentives.
- Make recommendations on Sales Quota allocation based on analyses and sales trends; get input from Field Leadership to finalize sales quota.
- Management of activities associated with the sales planning process, monthly sales/compensation results and quarterly updates to the Sr. Leadership team related to US Sales Field Performance/compensation.
- Stay abreast of benchmark practices (participation in surveys, Johnson and Johnson compensation group meetings, etc)
- Proactively respond to changing customer requirements around field alignment, adjustments, and quota changes.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Responsible for organizational development and changes.
- Responsible for creating positive change and create an environment of team engagement and motivation.
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $142,000 to $213,000. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan.
The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits .
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Contracting or related field
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Commercial Operations, Customer Support, Contracting, Sales & Marketing or Finance Management, preferably in health care or an FDA regulated industry.
- 5+ years supervisory and team leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to supervise associates within a fast paced sales / customer focused environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding that diversity, equity, and inclusion brings outstanding value to an organization is required.
- Innovation, challenging of the status-quo, Customer focus, and results oriented capabilities are a must.
- In addition, financial acumen, tight-knit collaboration, problem solving skills, strategy development, and strong communication skills are high-desired traits for this role.
- Knowledge of contracting business processes.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel skills and order-to-cash/enterprise systems are required.
- Potential travel domestically of up to 10% of the time.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.