DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is currently hiring for a Marketing Intern on an 8 month contract. Preferred start date for the role is January 2, 2024, although there is some flexibility depending on candidate availability. The position will be office-based in Markham, Ontario.DePuy Synthes provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. Our solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Marketing Operations Intern candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience in such areas as Product and Customer Strategy, New Product Launches, Planning, Sales, Event Management and Operations. The ideal candidate would be a results and performance driven individual, who has the ability to demonstrate these qualities through characteristics such as being innovative, adaptable and eager to learn from others.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to develop Account and Product strategies that will be incorporated into the business planning process and our day to day operations
- Assist in the execution of strategies and tactics for projects and new product launches.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Operations, Sales, Planning and Deliver teams to process and prioritize requests for new Implant and/or Instrument set builds
- Analyze recent set deployments and provide the Marketing and Operations teams with insights on their performance
- Manage Not For Human Use products and samples including processing requests, deployments, usage tracking, returns, inventory reconciliations and reporting
- Partner with Marketing, Sales and Operations teams to coordinate items and logistics related to Trade Shows, Education Events, Dinner Meetings, Labs, etc...
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams supporting and fulfilling requests for product information
- Review the various components that make up implant and/or instrument sets and make recommendations to optimize their performance in collaboration with the Marketing team
- Co-Op will be provided with a list of projects of importance to the organization from which they have the opportunity to select one based on their personal interests and development opportunities. They will lead this project with cross functional support through to implementation, presenting updates and outcomes to Sr. Leadership.
- Support internal and external ad-hoc requests
- Student in good standing, working towards the completion of an undergraduate degree, graduate degree or diploma (enrolled in a coop program is required)
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Must be eligible to work an 8 month work term beginning in January 2024 (full-time 37.5 hours/week).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and build relationships.•Independent thinker who actively takes the initiative to complete tasks.
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multitask and follow up on actions/ issues.
- Strong Microsoft office skills - Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time