Implements the Health Care Compliance (HCC) program locally under supervision of the Senior Health Care Compliance Manager, MedTech China to ensure business practices and activities are in compliance with related J&J internal guidelines, local laws and regulations and anti corruption laws including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Serves as a strategic business partner for local management and coach towards all covered employees, to assure that the company culture of compliance is a natural element in day to day business.
- Position reports into the Senior Health Care Compliance Manager, MedTech China
- Requires strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Proactive and a quick learner, strong team spirit
- Relevant business experience is a must
- Background may include Compliance, Finance, Auditing, Sales and Marketing, Medical Affairs, Legal or Pharmacovigilance Regulatory.
- Proven track record in delivering results, self-starter and ability to manage complexity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Assistant HCC Manager will support the supervisor to ensure that the HCC program effectively prevents and/or detects violations of law, regulations, policies, or the Code of Conduct in respective partnering franchises and/or departments:
- Support ethical decision-making capability within the business by participating franchise and/or department leadership team meeting, providing advice for business strategies and initiatives.
- Ensure business activities with HCPs/government officials are planned in consistence with applicable HCC policies and procedures by reviewing and pre-approving those activities, timely response communicate with business team in collaborative style
- Acting as a consultant, provide day-to-day guidance, advice to covered employees.
- Tailor HCC training materials to fit into the needs and business context of covered franchise and/or department, and delivered frequent trainings to covered employees at various levels.
- Analyze compliance indicators of business activities under supervision to support higher level of communication and management action plan implementation
- Participate in company HCC monitoring program to identify warning signals and/or gaps, and provide meaningful feedbacks to franchise/department leadership so that appropriate corrective actions are taken accordingly.
- Stimulating and contributing to innovative approaches towards HCP’s and GOs consistent with the HCC/HCBI guidelines and framework.
- Providing metrics as required.
- Assist investigation related to covered business areas.
- Interface with legal counsel regarding HCC requirements and interpretation.
- Interface with the global/regional HCC community to share approaches to HCC.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS, advanced degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of FCPA and related regulations.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of integrity with good ethical core values
- Experience in all areas of:
- Compliance and regulation
- Devising and implementing SOPs
- Testing and monitoring
- Independent and objective thinker, able to advance ideas and influence others
- Manages conflicts in an open and constructive manner
- Sense of urgency, could identify proper time for escalation, if needed
- Maintaining effective partnerships and working relationships with key stakeholders on an understanding of their concerns, needs and motivations.
- Results driven and solution orientated
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, verbal)