Location: Vision Care - Limerick Ireland
Contract: Full-time Permanent/ Shift based Role
Shift Pattern: 4-cycle shift
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Limerick are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
About the Company:
Vision Care Ireland is located in Castletroy, Limerick and is the producer of the world’s leading contact lens products. Our site uses the industry’s most advanced technology and directly employs over 1000 people. We produce a diverse array of contact lenses using our highly automated production process.
Key to our success has been the combination of state-of-the-art material science with technologies such as precision injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and data analytics.
We have over 38 advanced production lines manufacturing over 8 million contact lenses a day, which are shipped to customers worldwide.
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
The role is to be responsible for supporting manufacturing processes by implementing all aspects of process improvement, equipment setup, testing, documentation, problem correction and related tooling.
Responsibilities and accountabilities will vary for all positions and the scope of individual roles may not be limited to the contents of this position description. QUMAS procedures will define responsibilities from time to time and each manager is responsible for complying with these processes, which supplant any responsibility outlined within. As such, adherence to company procedures is also a responsibility of any roles encompassed within this Job Description.
You will be responsible for:
- Updates supervisor of work status or problems with recommendations for improvement or correction
- Assists in modifying procedures to improve equipment operation or processes
- Responds to basic system alarms and reset alarms as necessary
- Records assignments and prepares documentation concerning materials, parts used, concepts, designs, drawings, and processes
- Conducts testing protocols and documents results
- Implements manufacturing phase-in of new products or product changes
- Identifies safety issues and provide support in their resolution
- Participates specialized studies or experiments as needed
We would love to hear from YOU if you have the following essential requirements:
- A Leaving certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous relevant experience in a production environment
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail and flexible work ethic
- Experience working in the medical device environment (Pneumatic systems, PLCs, Machine Automation, Equipment Set up, Pick and Place Machinery)
- Training and experience in Packaging/print equipment, High volume manufacturing, Mechanical setup, Injection moulding, Electromechanical)
What type of mark will YOU make?
By joining Johnson & Johnson you will find boundless opportunities to craft your path & amplify your impact inside & outside our walls. And with our commitment to be the world’s healthiest workforce you can strengthen your body as well and your mind. When you work with us you can touch over a Billion lives worldwide every day. And when you apply your talent to our collective purpose there’s no end to the lasting impact we can make together. And that changes everything.
What’s in it for YOU?
This is an opportunity to work with a ground-breaking medical device operation and to be a member of a Johnson & Johnson company, with an excellent record in employee continuous professional development and business improvement.
We are passionate about our work; we play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers.
Whether you’re one of the 1000 people who work here, or you’re considering joining the team, we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal and professional development/education
- Excellent Benefits