MEDICAL SCIENTIFIC LIAISON
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
To be a therapeutic area scientific expert, responsible for discussing our products, patients’ treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and partner.
To maximize company product value through high scientific quality communication with Leading Specialists on a peer-to-peer basis. Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals.
The main duties and responsibilities of the position are:
- To keep abreast of medical and scientific knowledge.
- Continuously update their knowledge of products, patient’s treatment trends and clinical activities and studies within the therapeutic area and patient`s treatment trends in the region
- Identify evolving scientific concepts with future clinical implications
- Development and maintenance of a contact network with Leading Specialists.
- Understand their needs, key value drivers, practical treatment patterns and scientific activities within the therapeutic area
- Develop and execute an external stakeholder management plan in close collaboration and coordination with other functions including: MAF, Medical Education, GCO, HEMAR, Commercial
- Communicate the value of company products, contribute to e.g. market access activities and formulary discussions
- Through scientific interactions, champion the medical value of our products fairly based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to the fostering of innovative approaches
- Represent the company to other therapeutic area stakeholders including professional associations and patient organisations in cooperation with Medical Advisor(s)/Medical Director
- Recognize and nurture relationships with rising stars within the scientific community
- Proactive and reactive communication of medical scientific data to Leading Specialists and broader external health-care related audiences:
- Communicate directly and proactively scientific information on our products within the approved label
- Communicate non-promotional general information about our company, including pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information
- Respond to unsolicited scientific queries from customers for approved products and products/indications in development, based on Medical Affairs and Medical Information documents
- Use digital technologies and new media to support proactive and reactive communication
- Organization and participation in Medical Education activities:
- Identify/support/educate speakers
- Build Medical Education programs with scientific third parties
- Organization and participation in Advisory Boards in cooperation with Medical Advisor/Medical Director
- Provision of scientific support to company Sales Representatives
- Provide medical and product training and scientific support to Sales Representatives in coordination with Training Departments as appropriate
- Act as a reference point for Sales Representatives for any scientific query, in collaboration with Medical Information as appropriate
- Support and manage Medical Affairs clinical activities strategy, planning, design and execution in close co-operation with GCO and CROs
- Support the set up and follow up of registries and other non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
- Understand Real World Evidence (RWE) methodologies, identify data needs and opportunities, support protocol development and engage in discussions with customers to help design RWE projects
- Propose investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional Medical Affairs studies
- Support GCO and CROs in site set up, management and issue resolution
- Contribute to preparation and conduct of investigator meetings, recruitment follow-up and study result presentation
- Manage investigator proposals for IISs and ensure they are discussed within the Medical Affairs department for decision
- Support post marketing surveillance and expanded access programs
- Manage field based medical projects
- Through scientific interactions, gain valuable insights into treatment patterns, and scientific activities in the therapeutic area and provide strategic input to the company Medical Affairs Plan/ business decision-making.
- Through scientific interactions with Leading Specialists, champion medical value of our products fairly based on the risk- benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to foster innovative therapeutic approaches to benefit patients
We’d love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- Scientific degree: Medical Doctor, Pharmaceutical or Science university degree
- Deep knowledge of the therapeutic area, strength in research and interpretation of medical data
- Relevant work experience, scientific acumen, and communication skills in order to be accepted by Leading Specialists in peer-to-peer relationship
- Awareness of business strategy and high customer focus with an understanding of the importance of business results
- Innovative, able to work in a matrix and coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment
- Awareness of, and adherence to, Johnson & Johnson Credo values and International Health Care Business Integrity Guide
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in South Africa are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
When appointing potential candidates in South Africa, the Employment Equity and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Legislation will be considered