The GHS site Leader will be responsible for implementation of GHS site level operational service delivery across multiple operations and locations, for all primary care, Occupational Health, Wellness & Health Promotion* Drives health outcomes including reducing population health risks, managing and eliminating workplace health risks and supporting improved business outcomes through advancing employee health and wellbeing;
* Accountable for the GHS metrics, goals and outcomes delivered across multiple locations and works with operation lead to develop corrective action where necessary;
* Accountable for various models of workplace GHS delivery designs based on local regulations, cultures and healthcare infrastructures in multiple locations. Includes varied regulatory compliance, and healthcare service levels within sites;
* Accountable for quality assurance and process efficiencies, including supporting heath services strategies for the successful deployment of Comprehensive Audit and QA guideline programs and systems for key data and metric tracking
* Accountable for cooperating with site leaders ,HR, EHS, and other stakeholders and their team in the development of holistic health and wellbeing programs in sites. Fosters an atmosphere of openness and information sharing in order to encourage a culture of high awareness, transparency and diligence with respect to GHS matters.
* Responsible for vendor management for all GHS vendors operating within the sites;
* Responsible for developing and maintaining multisite, cross sector work processes and documentation;
* Responsible for the development, implementation and completion of appropriate medical surveillance programs in sites;
* Understands local regulatory compliance and the global J&J requirements;
* Conducts periodic performance and service satisfaction reviews with site leaders and other key stakeholders;
* Provides GHS technical assistance and support as needed in sites;
* Supports the OPS Leader with any specific GHS activities in the sites, this can be, but is not limited to, integration and divestiture activities, implementation of health promotion activities.
- Bachelor degree or above in occupational Health, clinic medicine, health care; 3+ years of Health, wellness and/ or occupational health management experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills and people skills allowing for the ability to motivate, cooperate and work effectively with others
- Skill in developing partnerships that will support effective interfacing on site
- Demonstrate leadership skills to participate, where required, in the recruitment of staff for the OH service, support professional development, conduct performance appraisals and act as role model and mentor.
- Demonstrate business acumen, including understanding of English, computer literacy, understanding & knowledge of the core business on site, ability to market and promote site Global Health services, effective communication and interaction across different cultures and the ability to partner with different groups (Environment, Health & Safety, Employee Assistance, Human Resources, work councils, unions, etc)
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully identify and implement strategies that will create a self-sustaining competent occupational health and wellness organization.
- Demonstrates effective staff mentoring