Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company for a Post Doctoral Fellow, located in Spring House, PA. Remote work within the United States may be considered for highly qualified candidates with up to 15% travel.
At Janssen, we are working to build a world without disease—transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Data Sciences Analytics and Insights together with Data science Immunology R&D are looking for a postdoctoral fellow to develop methods and identify biomarker and patient stratification strategies for therapeutic response. The postdoctoral scholar will work in collaboration with multiple teams across data sciences to integrate genetic, genomic, transcriptomics and proteomics and clinical information and develop a protocol for drug response biomarker identification.
- Work with Janssen clinical trial of clinical, and genomic data modalities to identify biomarkers for patient stratification.
- The candidate must be proficient in genomic data QC and analysis and in implementation or design of machine learning strategies.
- Work with DS-PAI, DS-TA and DS-for biology teams to communicate results and design validation strategies.
- Communicate to the Janssen and scientific community on the methods developed in this project.
- PhD degree statistical genetics, genetic epidemiology, computational biology
- Strong programming skills in python and R (building and managing packages)
- Strong experience in computational based biomarker identification and validation.
- Familiarity with genomic transcriptomics and proteomics data structures
- Familiarity with working in an HPC system and containerization
- Familiarity with ML and time-series analysis methods
- Ability to communicate with peers and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate findings in scientific publications.
- Experience with genomic data analysis and multi-omic integration
- Experience with method development
- Familiarity with building software pipelines
- Preferred programming Python skills (experience with pandas, numpy)
- Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .]