Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Sr. Manager, Kubernetes Engineering to join Cloud Automation Team to be located in Raritan, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 265+ Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 126,500 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Sr. Manager, Kubernetes Engineering role is part of Johnson & Johnson public cloud engineering and automation organization to drive adoption of public cloud computing environment in secured manner. This role will be passionate about developing cloud based Kubernetes offerings (EKS/AKS/GKE), Kubernetes hosting patterns, associated security and compliance guardrails, and automation to meet application hosting requirements. As a trusted leader in Cloud Engineering and Automation team, this role will be uniquely positioned to work collaboratively with strategic external partners, global leaders across the business and technology to passionately understand our technology needs and develop Terraform and Python REST API based automation for automated provisioning, change, and decommission of Kubernetes cluster in public cloud AWS, Azure, GCP and private cloud. The role will develop and maintain Kubernetes roadmap aligning with key business goals and enabling application modernization.
- Lead a J&J cloud Kubernetes service to host containerized workloads.
- Establish a centralized logging & monitoring framework for Kubernetes clusters across AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Implement Kubernetes operators/controllers to integrate with J&J services.
- Partner with J&J applications teams for proof of technology in public cloud computing environment.
- Partner with J&J application teams and develop Kubernetes based application hosting patterns on AWS, Azure & GCP.
- Develop REST APIs in python using BDD methodology and implement public cloud security guardrails.
- Lead business case development for Infrastructure as Service automation and deliver automated provisioning, decommission, security configuration management, and release management for Kubernetes
- Partner with J&J application teams and drive resolution of sophisticated technical problems across infrastructure and application stack.
- Design, engineer, implement Infrastructure As Code with API first and microservices based approach for public cloud service.
- Review current processes and find opportunities for automation and build common frameworks in agile manner that cultivate adoption of automation across all layers.
- Leverage internal and external resources to develop, advance and retain talent.
- Groom Jira features and stories to improve reliability and reduce support incidents for global infrastructure.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in infrastructure engineering
- 2+ years hands-on experience in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- 2+ years hands-on Kubernetes experience
- 2+ years hands-on development experience in Python REST APIs
- Knowledge of Terraform
- Experience building Restful APIs
- AWS Associate or higher certification
- Experience implementing logging & monitoring frameworks for Kubernetes (EFK/Prometheus/Grafana)
- Experience with Kubernetes add-ons such as External-DNS, Gatekeeper, ArgoCD, and Cert-Manager
- Experience in supporting global operations and following enterprise level process frameworks. Good social, oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with positive relationship abilities and customer service skills
This position based in Raritan NJ and requires approximately 10% travel
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $131,000 to $225,000.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.