Johnson & Johnson Is Recruiting for a Senior Privacy Manager, Canada. This position can be located at either of these two J&J Sites in Canada: Markham, Ontario or Toronto, Ontario.
Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united Johnson & Johnson colleagues for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
As a member of the Johnson & Johnson Global Privacy organization, the Senior Privacy Manager will lead and drive the Privacy Compliance Program for the Johnson & Johnson operating companies in Canada. The position will be located in Canada, and the main priorities of the Senior Privacy Manager are to provide comprehensive support and strategic advice on personal data and privacy related matters for our operating companies in Canada and will also participate in regional and global projects and activities from time to time to leverage best practices and expertise from other regions and functions. The Senior Privacy Manager will serve as a strategic business partner for our operating companies in Canada as directed by Privacy leadership with inputs from local management in Canada.
- Establish effective and productive business relationships representing the Privacy function to the key business partners for all operating companies in Canada.
- Collaborate closely with corporate Data Protection Legal team to ensure accurate and timely understanding and interpretations of Canadian privacy regulatory and legal requirements. Assess impact on Canadian operating companies and raise awareness of any necessary changes to address requirements.
- Regularly review and continuously improve the core Privacy compliance programs to ensure they continue to meet regulatory, legal and J&J privacy obligations and commitments.
- Assume local Data Protection Officer role, or similar role under Canadian federal or provincial laws, if mandatory by any such laws or considered relevant by Global Privacy leadership.
- Ensure privacy risks are effectively identified and addressed by the business by supporting the business in applying privacy by design principles (including ensuring completion of data protection impact assessments, where appropriate), addressing training needs and providing guidance while looking for efficiencies.
- Prepare for internal and external Privacy compliance audits and implementation of corrective actions, solutions and process enhancements.
- Participate in Company’s compliance committees and similar governance councils.
- Interface with the global/regional Privacy compliance community to share approaches and best practices on Privacy compliance and serve on teams to harmonize and optimize Company approaches to privacy.
- Identify and recommend testing and monitoring program opportunities in collaboration with operations colleagues in order to demonstrate the Privacy compliance program is effective. Participate in and oversee the implementation plan for privacy initiatives in the region.
- Identify, develop and implement new policies and procedures to enhance the Privacy compliance program with input and approval from Privacy leadership, and in consultation with the Privacy Legal function.
- Proactively support new and evolving business models, technologies, and growth strategies. Support innovation and simplification, such as developing or leveraging compliance programs for new digital surgery product solutions, data driven personalized marketing initiatives for health care professionals, and harmonizing standard commercial and clinical processes with global standards for consistency and efficiency.
- Establish sound Privacy documentation and metrics to demonstrate compliance, leveraging technology, where possible, in accordance with Global Privacy positions.
- Develop and deploy Global Privacy Compliance Framework training, education, and awareness for Canada businesses, consistent with the Global Privacy communication plan.
- Support any inquiries from the privacy authorities and investigations that have privacy issues.
- Support any privacy diligence requirements for acquisitions and third-party vendors and suppliers, as assigned.
This position description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work to be performed.
- A minimum of 4-year University degree from the region is required
- A minimum of ten years of business experience is required, experiences in life sciences and/or technology industries preferred but not required
- An advanced University degree is preferred, but not required
- Privacy certification (i.e., CIPP/C) is required, may be obtained within 6 months of start of employment
- Canadian legal, regulatory, or compliance experience is preferred, but not required
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian privacy landscape (private sector (e.g., PIPEDA); public sector (e.g., Personal Health Information legislation governing health care custodians)) is preferred
- Self-starter and motivated individual with strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to independently exercise good judgement and decision making without direct day-to-day supervision.
- A proven ability to positively influence decisions across different levels of an organization.
- Ability to work well between different functions and across all levels of the business dealing with ambiguity and complex business situations.
- Ability to independently develop solutions that generate value while ensuring compliance.
- Use business acumen, enterprise mindset and teamwork/collaboration to assist the business to achieve its goals and objectives consistent with Privacy Principles and Policies.
- Translate a wide variety of Privacy compliance principles and sometimes complex legal requirements into actionable solutions for the business.
- Strong communication skills, and cultural sensitivity.
- Established track record in implementing effective corporate programs or projects.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, program management skills and keen ability to assess/manage risk.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .